header Notes Collection
Top

100 Hryven 1996, Ukraine

in Krause book Number: 114a
Years of issue: 1996
Edition: --
Signatures: Голова правління банку: Вадим Гетьман. (24.03.1992 – 18.12.1992)
Serie: 1995 Issue
Specimen of: 1996
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 133 х 66
Printer: TDLR (Thomas de la Rue & Company), London

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

100 Hryven 1996

Description

Watermark:

watermark

Made on a special white paper, which does not fluoresce under ultraviolet light, with multicolored watermark, in the form of a portrait, that matches the portrait, printed on the front of the banknote.

Banknote contains: grid microprinting, security thread, raised elements, combined images, iris print, sign for the visually impaired, the latent image, invisible security fibers, fluorescent serial number, hidden nominal, magnetic number.

Avers:

100 Hryven 1996

ShevchenkoThe engraving on banknote is made from last self portrait of Taras Hryhorovych Shevchenko, 1861.

Taras Hryhorovych Shevchenko (Тара́с Григо́рович Шевче́нко, March 9 [O.S. February 25] 1814, Moryntsi, Kyiv Governorate, Russian Empire - March 10 [O.S. February 26] 1861, Saint Petersburg, Russian Empire) was a Ukrainian poet, writer, artist, public and political figure, as well as folklorist and ethnographer. His literary heritage is regarded to be the foundation of modern Ukrainian literature and, to a large extent, the modern Ukrainian language. Shevchenko is also known for many masterpieces as a painter and an illustrator.

He was a member of the Sts Cyril and Methodius Brotherhood and an academician of the Imperial Academy of Arts.

On the right side is the monument to Vladimir The Great. It is a majestic statue of the prince, who baptized Rus, located on a Vladimirskaya Gorka is a park and Dnieper. The composition of the monument includes the image of the holy prince in his right hand which is a large cross, and the left - the princely hat. Statue mounted on a brick pedestal, which has a cast-iron lining, and resembles a small chapel.

The history of the monument to Vladimir began in 1840 when the reconstruction was carried out Vladimir mountain slope which has been strengthened, and on it built the intermediate terrace. Vasily Demuth-Malinovsky - a famous Russian sculptor, has put forward the idea that the monument to Prince Vladimir put on the spot, where he was baptized the Russian people. Version of the monument with the figure of the prince, mounted on a high pedestal, was chosen by the Tsar Nicholas I. With the construction of the monument occurred hitch. Metropolitan of Kiev, said that to establish a monument in honor of the one who overthrows pagan idols - is unnatural. However, project managers have found a compromise - a project of the Vladimir Cathedral, which is sent by Filaret, was approved by the authorities.

The figure of Prince Vladimir was cast in St. Petersburg, where she was sent by train to Moscow. In Kiev the same statue should be carried on horseback, because the railway linking the two cities did not yet exist. In autumn 1853 a ceremonial opening of the monument to Vladimir.

Statue of Prince was installed on a brick octagonal pedestal, faced cast iron, which made the relief of the Baptism of Russia and Kiev patron archangel Michael. Weapon, the torch of education and fertility symbols - all these elements are shown at the bottom of the figure. In his right hand holding a cross, Vladimir, which were first installed gas-jets, and then light bulbs. With the help of these cross shining in the night and can be seen from afar.

Top center - an inscription: "Ukraine. national Bank of Ukraine".

Denomination in words is on the band, under the portrait. In numerals are in top corners.

Revers:

100 Hryven 1996

Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kiev is an outstanding architectural monument of Kievan Rus'. Today, it is one of the city's best known landmarks and the first Ukrainian patrimony to be inscribed on the World Heritage List along with the Kiev Cave Monastery complex. The cathedral is one of the city's best known landmarks and the first patrimony on territory of Ukraine to be inscribed on the World Heritage List along with the Kiev Cave Monastery complex. Aside from its main building, the cathedral includes an ensemble of supporting structures such as a bell tower, the House of Metropolitan, and others.

On the foreground is a bell tower of cathedral.

monument

On the left side is the Monument to Vladimir The Great. It is a majestic statue of the prince, who baptized Rus, located on a Vladimirskaya Gorka is a park and Dnieper. The composition of the monument includes the image of the holy prince in his right hand which is a large cross, and the left - the princely hat. Statue mounted on a brick pedestal, which has a cast-iron lining, and resembles a small chapel.

The history of the monument to Vladimir began in 1840 when the reconstruction was carried out Vladimir mountain slope which has been strengthened, and on it built the intermediate terrace. Vasily Demuth-Malinovsky - a famous Russian sculptor, has put forward the idea that the monument to Prince Vladimir put on the spot, where he was baptized the Russian people. Version of the monument with the figure of the prince, mounted on a high pedestal, was chosen by the Tsar Nicholas I. With the construction of the monument occurred hitch. Metropolitan of Kiev, said that to establish a monument in honor of the one who overthrows pagan idols - is unnatural. However, project managers have found a compromise - a project of the Vladimir Cathedral, which is sent by Filaret, was approved by the authorities.

The figure of Prince Vladimir was cast in St. Petersburg, where she was sent by train to Moscow. In Kiev the same statue should be carried on horseback, because the railway linking the two cities did not yet exist. In autumn 1853 a ceremonial opening of the monument to Vladimir.

Statue of Prince was installed on a brick octagonal pedestal, faced cast iron, which made the relief of the Baptism of Russia and Kiev patron archangel Michael. Weapon, the torch of education and fertility symbols - all these elements are shown at the bottom of the figure. In his right hand holding a cross, Vladimir, which were first installed gas-jets, and then light bulbs. With the help of these cross shining in the night and can be seen from afar.

Above the cathedral is an inscription: "National Bank of Ukraine". Under cathedral is a denomination: "one hundred hryven". Denominations in numerals are in all corners.

Comments:

Painters: Vasyl Lopata and Boris Maksimov.

Issued into circulation at 2 September 1996.