Top
header Notes Collection

500 Rubles 1993, Russia

in Krause book Number: 256
Years of issue: 1993
Edition: --
Signatures: no signature
Serie: 1993 Issue
Specimen of: 1993
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 128 х 57
Printer: Goznak, Московская печатная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Москва

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

500 Rubles 1993

Description

Watermark:

watermark

Dark and bright five-pointed stars in circle design.

Avers:

500 Rubles 1993

The A.R.C.E.C. Kremlin Military School. Kremlin, Moscow.

military school

The A.R.C.E.C. Kremlin Military School building was built by architect I.I.Rerberg in 1932-1934 on the site of the demolished in 1929 Ascension and the Chudov monasteries. It was the first and, until 1959, the only building in the Kremlin, built after the 1917 October Revolution.

The building has a complex configuration in the form of a trident, pointing in the direction of the Senate. Its architecture is solved in a neoclassical style, characteristic of 1930-1940-ies. The main facade facing the Moscow River, symmetric, its center is punctuated with the projecting part eight-columned portico of the Ionic order. Decided rather pompously, it actually is beyond the scope of nowhere. Buildings side facade framed from the east the Ivanovo square. Having the same height with the Senate and intimate scale of architectural articulation the building does not compete with the historical monuments and is not dissonant in the ensemble, but dry and simplified architectural forms of side elevations give monotony and inconspicuous to this part of the Kremlin.

In the 1950s. building submitted to the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, and in 1958 part of it reconstructed to the Kremlin theater with 1200 seats. Noteworthy are comfortable, tastefully decorated interiors of the theater by architect A.F.Hryakov.

Currently, in the building houses located some administrative offices of the Presidential Administration and the Commandant of the Kremlin.

The Spasskaya Tower (Спасская башня, translated as "Saviour Tower") is the main tower with a through-passage on the eastern wall of the Moscow Kremlin, which overlooks the Red Square.

The Spasskaya Tower was built in 1491 by an Italian architect Pietro Antonio Solari. Initially, it was named the Frolovskaya Tower after the Church of Frol and Lavr in the Kremlin (no longer there). The tower's modern name comes from the icon of Spas Nerukotvorny (The Saviour Not Made by Hands), which was placed above the gates on the inside wall in 1658 (it was removed in 1917) and the wall-painted icon of Spas Smolensky (Smolensky Saviour), which was created in the 16th century on the outside wall of tower (plastered over in 1937, reopened and restored in 2010). The Spasskaya Tower was the first one to be crowned with the hipped roof in 1624-1625 by architects Bazhen Ogurtsov and Christopher Halloway (a Scottish architect and clockmaker). According to a number of historical accounts, the clock on the Spasskaya Tower appeared between 1491 and 1585. It is usually referred to as the Kremlin chimes (Кремлёвские куранты) and they designate official Moscow Time.

Three denominations in numerals are lower. In words centered.

Revers:

500 Rubles 1993

senat tower

The Senate (Senatskaya) Tower with Russian flag on top of Senate building.

This gateless, quadrangular defensive tower was built between the Spasskaya (then Frolovskaya) and Nikolskaya towers in 1491, by architect Pietro Antonio Solari. As with most of the other Kremlin towers, a tent roof was added in the late XVII century. Inside the tower are three levels of vaulted chambers. The tower's principal function was defensive, and for a long time it remained nameless. It became known as the Senate Tower only in 1790, after the construction of the Kremlin's Senate building.

A memorial plaque by sculptor S. Konenkov was mounted on the tower in 1918 above the site of a mass grave of Bolsheviks who were killed during the October Revolution. Now in the museum, the dedication reads "To Those Who fell in the Struggle for Peace and the Brotherhood of Nations".

The dome of the Senate is visible from Red Square.

The Kremlin Senate (Russian: Сенатский дворец) is a building within the grounds of the Moscow Kremlin in Russia. Initially constructed from 1776 to 1787, it originally housed the Moscow branch of the Governing Senate, the highest judiciary and legislative office of Imperial Russia. Currently, it houses the Russian presidential administration and is a highly secured and restricted area closed to the public. At present, only the southern corner façade, opposite the Tsar Cannon can be viewed.

The flag of the Russian Federation is a tricolor flag consisting of three equal horizontal fields; white on the top, blue in the middle and red on the bottom.

Denominations in numerals are in top and lower left corners, also in lower right corner. in words centered.

Comments: