Top
header Notes Collection

1000 Korun 1993, Czech Republic

in Krause book Number: 8
Years of issue: 12.05.1993
Edition:
Signatures: Guverner: Josef Tošovský (20.1.1993 – 17.12.1997)
Serie: 1993 Issue
Specimen of: 26.03.1993
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 158 х 74
Printer: STC-Prague. Statni Tiskarna Cenin, Praha

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

1000 Korun 1993

Description

Watermark:

watermark

.

Avers:

1000 Korun 1993

On May 12, 1993, banknotes were issued in the amount of 1000 Czech crowns of the 1993 model (hereinafter referred to as the "banknote").

The banknote is 74 mm. wide. and a length of 158 mm. The tolerance for its width and length is ± 1.5 mm. Printed on natural color paper with a watermark and a protective strip.

The strip, 1.4 mm. wide, is embedded in the paper perpendicular to the long side of the banknote, along its entire width, when viewed from the front side, approximately half the length of the banknote. On the front side, parts of a silver-colored strip, 5 mm. long, protrude 5 mm. above the surface of the paper, on which the microtext "1000 CZK" is read from bottom to top.

On the front side of the banknote there is a portrait of Frantisek Palacky. It is printed in blue-violet, which turns red-violet on the right side of the portrait. The signature "FRANTIŠEK PALACKÝ" is placed, in two lines, on the right, above the shoulder, of the portrait. It is also printed in red and purple. In the sleeve of the portrait there is an ornamental surface for a hidden pattern, which, at a certain angle of incidence of light, creates a dark or light number "1000".

To the right is a richer reddish-purple stripe, extending to the unprinted edge, parallel to the longer sides of the note.

On both sides of this strip there is an ornament resembling folk Moravian embroidery, printed in red-violet and blue-gray colors. In the upper right corner of the banknote there is a tactile mark for the blind and visually impaired. The sign consists of a horizontal strip measuring 1 x 8 mm. The tactile mark is blue-violet. At the bottom edge of the banknote, on the left, in small print, the blue-violet name of the author of the banknote design “O. KULHÁNEK INV.".

Palacky Frantisek

František Palacký (17 June 1798 – 26 May 1876) was a Czech historian and politician, the most influential person of the Czech National Revival, called "Father of the Nation".

Mostly called "the father of Czech history". Highest achievement - "History of the Czech Nation in the Czech Republic and Moravia" in 5 volumes (German edition - 1836-1876, Czech edition 18 - 18) - 18. Dated to 1526. As an historian, he contributed to the romantic tradition.

Palacky was the first leading historical department of the National Museum (1818-1841), from 1827 a year of its initiation.

As a politician - a centurion and one of the creators of the conception of Austroslavism. Participant of the Revolution of 1848-1849. In April 1848, in an open letter to the preparatory committee for the convocation of the Frankfurt National Assembly, fearing the inclusion of the Slavic lands of the Austrian Empire in the united German state, he formulated the thesis about the need to preserve the Austrian state as a counterbalance to the aggressive aspirations of Germany and Russia. The collapse of the federalist plans and the force of the reaction stopped it in 1852 by the end of politics.

After the popular weaknesses of the 1860-1861 years, he became a well-known senator and one of the principals of the part of the elderly. The Quintessential Political Concepts of the Palacky State read: "We were in Austria, I will and will not send us".

A participant in the Slavic Congress in Moscow and St. Petersburg in 1867.

In 1872 he retired from politics, relinquishing the role of leader of the Czech National Party to his son-in-law - F. L. Riger.

The name of the Palace of the University in Olomouc is worn by the university.

On the left, in two lines, there is a text orally indicating the nominal value of the banknote “THOUSAND CZECH CROWNS”, under which the name of the issuing bank “ČESKÁ NÁRODNÍ BANKA” is indicated, in two lines. Under this name is a facsimile of the signature of the Governor of the Czech National Bank. The designation of the representative of the issuing bank with the word "GOVERNOR" is put under the facsimile of his signature. The year of issue of the banknote "1993" is placed to the left of the facsimile of the governor's signature. All of the above texts are printed in blue-violet color.

Against the background of the texts, as a symbol of Palacky's attitude to the history of the nation, a silhouette of a tree with roots is depicted, on top of the trunk of which a sheet of paper lies freely, symbolizing his scientific and literary activities. The background is printed in red-violet, combined with ocher and blue-gray, with a small bitmap in the background.

A large number "1000" is printed on top, indicating the face value of the banknote. The denomination color is red-violet, smoothly turning into blue-violet. (www.zakonyprolidi.cz .czech)

Denominations in numerals are in top left corner and on the right side. Centered are in words and in numeral.

Revers:

1000 Korun 1993

The reverse of the banknote depicts an eagle with outstretched wings as a symbol of Moravia and Silesia.

The silhouette of Kromeriz Castle intertwines with its left wing.

Arcibiskupský zámek Kroměříž

The Kroměříž Castle (Czech: Zámek Kroměříž or Arcibiskupský zámek, German: Schloss Kremsier) in Kroměříž, Czech Republic, used to be the principal residence of the bishops and (from 1777) archbishops of Olomouc. UNESCO listed the gardens and castle as a World Heritage Site in 1998. because of its exceptionally well-preserved and outstanding Baroque gardens.

The first residence on the site was founded by bishop Stanislas Thurzo in 1497. The building was in a Late Gothic style, with a modicum of Renaissance detail. During the Thirty Years' War, the castle was sacked by the Swedish army (1643).

It was not until 1664 that a bishop from the powerful Lichtenstein family charged architect Filiberto Lucchese with renovating the palace in a Baroque style. The chief monument of Lucchese's work in Kroměříž is the Pleasure Garden in front of the castle. Upon Lucchese's death in 1666, Giovanni Pietro Tencalla completed his work on the formal garden and had the palace rebuilt in a style reminiscent of the Turinese school to which he belonged.

After the castle was gutted by a major fire in March 1752, Bishop Hamilton commissioned two leading imperial artists, Franz Anton Maulbertsch and Josef Stern, arrived at the residence in order to decorate the halls of the palace with their works. In addition to their paintings, the palace still houses an art collection, generally considered the second finest in the country, which includes Titian's last mythological painting, The Flaying of Marsyas. The largest part of the collection was acquired by Bishop Karel in Cologne in 1673. The palace also contains an outstanding musical archive and a library of 33,000 volumes.

The castle and its grounds were nominated for inscription on the World Heritage List in 1998. As the nomination dossier explains, "the castle is a good but not outstanding example of a type of aristocratic or princely residence that has survived widely in Europe. The Pleasure Garden, by contrast, is a very rare and largely intact example of a Baroque garden". The Baroque landscapes and palaces of Bohemia and Moravia were heavily influenced by the Italian Baroque, although in the layout of this Pleasure Garden on a largely flat site, the influence of the French Formal Baroque style is also visible. Two Italian architects were responsible for the design and execution of the site, Filiberto Luchese (1607–1666) and after his death Giovanni Pietro Tencalla (1629–1702).

The Baroque Pleasure or Lust Garden is located at a distance from the Palace, as can be seen today from aerial photography. The engravings completed in 1691 by Georg Matthaeus Vischer, show a fully enclosed garden divided into half ornamental parterre and the other half to the south composed of orchards and productive ornamental features.

Apart from the formal Baroque parterres there is also a less formal nineteenth-century English garden close to the palace, which sustained damage during floods in 1997.

coat

Centered, a little to the right side, is Czech coat of arms.

The coat of arms of the Czech Republic (Státní znak České republiky) displays the three historical regions - the Czech lands - which make up the nation: Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia.

The arms of Bohemia show a silver double-tailed lion on a red background. This Bohemian Lion makes up the first and the fourth quarters of the greater coat of arms, so it is repeated in the shield. The Moravian red-and-silver chequered eagle is shown on a blue background. Since the days of the Habsburg Monarchy until 1918, the Moravian Eagle was chequered in the red-and-gold colours of the Habsburg dynasty. The arms of Silesia are a black eagle with the so-called "clover stalk" in her breast on a golden background, although only a small south-eastern part of the historical region (Czech Silesia) belongs to the Czech Republic.

The history of the Czech coat of arms dates back to the XIII century, when the Bohemian Lion, a meed by Emperor Frederick Barbarossa to King Vladislaus II of Bohemia, appeared on the seal of his Přemyslid descendant King Ottokar II (1253-1278). The Moravian Eagle was first documented on the seal of Ottokar's uncle, Margrave Přemysl (d. 1239). The shields also appeared on the coat of arms of the Lands of the Bohemian Crown established by Emperor Charles IV. The Silesian Eagle stems from the ruling dynasty of the Piasts and was first applied by Duke Henry II the Pious (1238-1241).

The ornament, reminiscent of the Moravian folk embroidery, is placed under the coat of arms as an element connecting both sides of the banknote. The color of the form changes from blue-violet to red-violet. The blue-violet number "1000" is printed in the lower left corner of the figure, the area of ​​its numbers is filled with a small raster.

At the bottom, in the center, there is an inscription “BANKNOTE FORGERY IS PUNISHED BY LAW”. The color of the lettering is blue-violet. At the bottom of the banknote - the inscriptions “© ČESKÁ NÁRODNÍ BANKA” (left), “STÁTNÍ TISKÁRNA CENIN, PRAHA” (center) and the name of the author of the engraving design of the banknote V. FAJT SC are printed in small letters in blue-violet and red-violet colors.

The designation of the banknote series, with one capital letter of the alphabet with a two-digit number and a six-digit serial number, is printed horizontally, below, under the Czech coat of arms. Serial numbers of the banknote are printed in black. The figures of the horizontal serial number of the banknote increase from left to right.

At the top, a large distinctive number “1000” denotes the denomination of the banknote. The color of the number above is red-violet, smoothly turning into blue-violet. The area of ​​numbers is filled with a small raster.

Denominations in numerals are in top right and lower left corners.

Comments:

Designer: Oldrich Kulhanek.

Engraver: Vaclav Fajt.