Top
header Notes Collection

5000 Rubles 2010, Russia

in Krause book Number: 274с
Years of issue: 06.09.2011
Edition:
Signatures: no signature
Serie: Modification 2010
Specimen of: 31.07.2006
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 157 х 69
Printer: Goznak, Московская печатная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Москва

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

5000 Rubles 2010

Description

Watermark:

watermark

Monument to N.N. Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk and denomination "5000".

Avers:

5000 Rubles 2010

Monument N.N. Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk

Monument to the Governor-General of Eastern Siberia Nikolai Nikolayevich Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk, opened in 1891.

After the death of Count Muravyov-Amursky in Paris in 1881, where he spent the last years, residents of the city of Blagoveshchensk filed a petition for the construction of a monument to N. N. Muravyov in Blagoveshchensk. “In the whole of Eastern Siberia, and especially on the Amur, Count N. N. Muravyov-Amursky enjoyed great public sympathy, and in Blagoveshchensk, a place has long been prepared by grateful citizens of this city where fans of the deceased would like to see a monument erected in honor of him,” - it was said in the appeal of the Governor-General of Eastern Siberia D. G. Anuchin to the government. On December 21, 1881, Minister of the Interior N.P. Ignatiev informed Blagoveshchensk that "the sovereign emperor ... most deigned to allow the collection in Eastern Siberia and other places of the empire of voluntary donations for the construction of a monument in Blagoveshchensk." Fundraising was carried out for several years and became truly popular: people of various classes donated not only in the Far East, but throughout Russia. By 1890, 62,000 rubles had been raised.

However, the Governor-General of the Amur Region, Baron A.N. Korf, came up with a proposal to erect a monument not in Blagoveshchensk, but in Khabarovsk.

On November 27, 1886, Alexander III authorized the erection of a monument to Muravyov-Amursky in Khabarovsk.

The monument construction committee announced the All-Russian competition, in which almost all the largest sculptors of Russia responded.

Authoritative writers and artists were invited to help the committee: Y. P. Polonsky, D. V. Grigorovich, A. N. Maykov, A. I. Rezanov, I. E. Repin, R. A. Gedike, M. V. Kharlamov, P.P. Chistyakov, M.P. Botkin, as well as Nikolay Nikolaevich's nephew - Captain of the General Staff Count V.V. Muravyov-Amursky.

18 models and one drawing were presented. The first prize was awarded by 18 votes, that is, unanimously, to Academician A. M. Opekushin.

In February 1888, a model of the monument was exhibited for public viewing. It was examined and approved by Emperor Alexander III.

In 1890, the sculpture was made in full size and cast in bronze.

In 1891, the grand opening of the monument took place, it was attended by the Crown Prince, the future Emperor Nicholas II.

The Muravyov-Amursky monument is located on the top of the Khabarovsk cliff, the count's gaze is directed towards China, the monument became the largest monument in pre-revolutionary Russia - its height reached 16 meters.

Five bronze commemorative plaques were fixed on the monument (four around the pedestal, the fifth on the stairs) with a list of Russian officers and civilians who took an active part in the annexation of the Amur region to Russia.

At a small distance from the pedestal was the guardhouse, guarding the monument.

Around the monument, a fence was made of old cast-iron cannons of the 19th century, half dug in the ground; anchor chains were threaded through cannons.

In 1925, on the basis of the "Decree on the Monuments of the Republic" of April 12, 1918, Dalrevkom decided to demolish the sculpture of Count Muravyov-Amursky.

Dalrevkom decided to remove the monument to Muravyov-Amursky, handing over the figure to the museum. ... Gamarnik, Kubyak and others were present - protocol No. 6 of January 26, 1925

The monument “was of no interest either from the historical or from the artistic side”, for several years it was lying on the territory of the Khabarovsk Museum of Local Lore, then it was cut into scrap metal. Memorial plaques were also destroyed.

Place on the podium took Lenin. The leader of the world proletariat was small in stature and poorly distinguishable from afar. Vladimir Ilyich stood until May 1983, by the 125th anniversary of the founding of Khabarovsk, a stele “Rook” was erected on the thoroughly repaired pedestal in memory of Russian explorers. The stela was inaugurated on May 28, 1983 in the presence of the regional leaders, First Secretary of the Regional Committee of the CPSU A.K. Cherny, Chairman of the Regional Executive Committee V.S. Pasternak, Commander of the Red Banner Far Eastern Military District, Army General I.M. Tretyak. Simultaneously with the stele, a memorial plaque was opened to the soldiers of the 13th Line Battalion on the new embankment and Utes Cafe. Commemorative plaques with scenes of development of the Far East appeared on the pedestal of the monument. The stele "Rook" stood for exactly nine years.

In the late 1980s, fundraising began to restore the monument to Muravyov-Amursky, especially since the model of the monument made by A. M. Opekushin was preserved in the Russian Museum. A major role in the restoration was played by local historian A.K. Dmitriev (later she was awarded the title of honorary citizen of Khabarovsk). A copy of the sculpture was cast at the Monument-sculpture factory, the work on its reconstruction was carried out by the Leningrad sculptor, a graduate of the Academy of Arts L.V. Aristov.

At May 31, 1992, on the birthday of the city of Khabarovsk, the restored monument was unveiled.

Naberezhnaja

On background is the view at the Amur cliff, where monument to Muravyov-Amursky is installed, on the top. Also, teh building of Museum and Cultural Center "Amur Cliff" is visible.

The center exhibits unique museum items. The interiors were created in the Art Nouveau style of the pre-revolutionary era, as a visual model of the historical past of the city of Khabarovsk and Khabarovsk society of the late XIX - beginning of XX century.

Khabarovsk coat of arms

Top right is the coat of arms of Khabarovsk between 1991 and 2015. On the 2010 version of the banknote made in dark green color.

Approved on August 13, 1991 by the Presidium of the Khabarovsk City Council of People's Deputies. Description of the coat of arms: "The coat of arms of the city of Khabarovsk is an image of a shield divided vertically into three equal parts, painted in the colors of the flag of Russia. A feature of this coat of arms was that it retained the historical continuity of the two previous ones: a white-breasted bear and an Ussuri tiger, with scarlet eyes and tongues protruding from their mouths, standing on their hind legs, supporting the former coat of arms of Khabarovsk, in the upper left corner of which there is a coat of arms of the Primorsky region with two volcanoes separated by an azure pillar. In the lower part of the shield, the city was formed in 1858."

The coat of arms was compiled with several violations of the rules of heraldry, and therefore can not be entered in the State Heraldic Register of the Russian Federation. Among the main violations: the application of enamel on enamel (a black bear in an scarlet field), the use of numbers (which is unacceptable in a stamp).

The fork-shaped cross is a symbol of the location of the city of Khabarovsk at the confluence of the Ussuri River. Fish reminds of the main occupation of the city residents - fishing.

The white-breasted bear and the Amur tiger are endemic to the Amur land. "Arms" - eyes and tongues that are different in color from the body of the animal, from the point of view of heraldry, they say that the bear and the tiger act as defenders of the city.

In top left corner is the logo of Bank of Russia.

The Drawing of a temporary emblem of Russia (since September 14, 1917 - Russian republic) was developed by a group of experts, which included well-known artists and heraldry V.K. Lukomskii, S.N. Troinitskii, G.I. Narbut and Ivan Bilibin. Considering, that the new emblem of the Russian state may approve only the Constituent Assembly, they propose to use as a temporary two-headed eagle emblem of the era of Ivan III without attributes of royal power.

Figure emblem, made by Ivan Bilibin, was appointed by chairman of the Provisional Government, Prince G.E. Lvov and Foreign Minister P.N. Milyukov as a model for printing. Although, officially emblem has not been approved, it was in circulation before the acceptance of the Constitution of the RSFSR at July 10, 1918, which introduced a new state coat of arms. In the territory controlled by the "white forces", the logo was used, and later - in particular, it was present on the banknotes, which were issued by Ufa directory.

Revers:

5000 Rubles 2010

Stela Khabarovsk Khabarovsk

The bridge across the river Amur in the city of Khabarovsk and the stela "Khabarovsk".

Khabarovsk Bridge is a road and rail bridge built in 1999. It crosses the Amur River in eastern Russia, and connects the urban-type settlement of Imeni Telmana in the Jewish Autonomous Oblast with the city of Khabarovsk in Khabarovsk Krai. Until that time an older bridge built in 1916 existed nearby.

Khabarovsk Bridge was originally built in 1916 as a single-track structure that carried the Trans-Siberian Railway line across the Amur River near the city of Khabarovsk, Russia. The bridge remained the longest bridge in Imperial Russia and the Soviet Union for decades, having a length of 2,590 meters (8,500 ft.).

The bridge construction was supposed to cost 13,500,000 Russian rubles, and to be done in only 26 months to a design by the eminent bridge builder Lavr Proskuryakov. However, a year after construction began on 30 July 1913, the First World War broke out. Since the bridge was being constructed by Warsaw-based K. Rudzki i S-ka company and the spans were manufactured in its factory in Mińsk Mazowiecki, they had to be brought to Khabarovsk by sea all the way around Eurasia.

In fall 1914, a merchant ship carrying the last two spans was sunk in the Indian Ocean by the German cruiser Emden, delaying the completion of the bridge by more than a year. The bridge was finally completed for an official opening on October 5, 1916. It was named Alekseyevsky after Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia.

On April 5, 1920, two of the bridge's eighteen metal spans were detonated by the guerrilla units retreating from Khabarovsk during the provocative speeches of the Japanese military over the course of the Civil War. As a result, the Trans-Siberian railway was torn apart for 5 years.

The reconstruction began shortly after the establishment of Soviet rule in the Far East (since November 1922). The 13th span was assembled in Vladivostok at the plant Dalzavod from the damaged parts of the spans that had fallen into the river by one end. Instead of the 12th span, a reserve one across the Vetluga River (a tributary of the Volga River) was installed, which had a slightly different shape, but was suitable by its dimensions and design. Minor repairs and missing parts were made by the Khabarovsk plant Arsenal (now Daldiesel). The bridge was re-opened to through traffic by March 22, 1925.

In the 1980s, research was undertaken on the bridge with the objective of its renovation. The spans and arches of the bridge were found to be defective, and so speed limits were imposed. At the same time, the bridge's pillars were in satisfactory condition.

In 1999, a new bridge was built right next to the old one, carrying automobile and rail traffic on two levels. It is 3,890 m long. The original spans of the old bridge were dismantled in the XXI century, though its supports were preserved. One of the spans of the old bridge was saved, restored and set on the banks of the Amur in the Museum of Khabarovsk Bridge, which is located nearby.

Comments:

The banknote of the 2010 modification has the following main differences:

there are two types of protective fibers in paper - two-tone and gray;

a wide security thread has been embedded in the paper, having on the front side of the banknote an exit to the surface in a figured window ("stained glass window");

the combined watermark is located on the right coupon field;

the green coat of arms of Khabarovsk is made with optically variable magnetic paint (OVMI) with the effect of moving a bright shiny strip;

on the front side of the banknote at the edges of the coupon fields there are thin relief strokes;

in the lower part of the field with hidden moire stripes (MVC +) there is an element with visible colored stripes;

the height of the digits of the left serial number gradually increases from left to right;

on the reverse side, a multicolor ornamental strip underwent a change;

part of the image elements has magnetic properties;

images of the banknote in ultraviolet and infrared light have differences from the banknote of the previous issue. (Банк России)