header Notes Collection
Top

1000 Rubles 2010, Russia

in Krause book Number: 272с
Years of issue: 10.08.2010
Edition:
Signatures: no signature
Serie: Modification 2010
Specimen of: 16.08.2004
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 157 х 69
Printer: Goznak, Московская печатная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Москва

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

1000 Rubles 2010

Description

Watermark:

watermark

Monument to Yaroslav the Wise in Yaroslavl and denomination "1000".

Avers:

1000 Rubles 2010

Monument to Yaroslav the Wise

The monument to the founder of Yaroslavl, Prince Yaroslav the Wise, is located on the Epiphany Square in the center of Yaroslavl. The monument was erected in memory of the founding of the prince of the city of Yaroslavl. The monument faces the entrances to the city center from Moscow direction.

For a long time in Yaroslavl they planned to erect a monument to the founder of the city, Prince Yaroslav. We chose the most successful place. As options, they considered Strelka (the place where Kotorosli flows into the Volga), where the city was founded; and Medveditskiy ravine, where, according to legend, the fight between Yaroslav and the bear took place. However, one of the central squares was chosen - Epiphany. Yaroslav the Wise seems to meet travelers arriving in our city from the capital, and symbolizes close ties with Moscow. The creators were sculptor Oleg Komov and architects N. I. Komova and A. R. Bobovich. The monument was opened on October 23, 1993 with the participation of the first Russian President Boris Yeltsin. Monument and Epiphany Square - a place to visit the wedding procession.

At the beginning of the XIX century, a monument to Yaroslav the Wise already existed in Yaroslavl: "stone, pyramidal, standing in a ravine". At the direction of Nicholas I, he was dismantled, as not corresponding to its value. At the beginning of the 20th century, it was planned to build a new monument, and even money was raised for it, but in the end they were spent on celebrating the anniversary of the Romanovs' house.

Yaroslav the Wise holds a sword in one hand, in the other - a model of the future city. This decision shows the prince-builder, the builder, capable, if necessary, to protect the city. The lowered sword symbolizes the peaceful policy of the prince.

The bas-reliefs adorning the pedestal depict the coat of arms of Yaroslavl, the duel between Prince Yaroslav and the bear, the legend of which formed the basis of the coat of arms, and Yaroslav at work, perhaps in his hands the text of the law or one of the library’s books or an agreement with someone from European monarchs. Any option is permissible, since under Yaroslav a code of laws "Russian Truth" was created, a large library appeared, and he married his daughters to European kings to strengthen ties with other countries.

Depicted Yaroslavl and sculpture of the legendary founder of the city - Prince Yaroslav

Yaroslav is depicted on the monument in accordance with the iconographic canon, which appeared later than the time of his life, already in the Russian state - according to the ideas of beauties with a well-groomed beard like Christ in peace and tranquility. According to a more ancient canon, which came from the Varangians, he was depicted with short hair, possibly with a shaved head only with a shred of hair - a symbol of nobility, a short beard, but with a long mustache, a face of Scandinavian type.

Chapel of Our Lady of Kazan (Yaroslavl)

The Chapel of Our Lady of Kazan is a rocket-shaped structure with a stained glass partition depicted on a 1000-ruble banknote. Located on the embankment of the Kotorosl River, in front of the Holy Gates of the Transfiguration Monastery, in the center of Yaroslavl. The monument solemnly opened in August 1997, in honor of the 385th anniversary of the release of the militia in Moscow. Architect G. L. Dainov.

It is known that in 1612 in Nizhny Novgorod, the people's militia was gathered to liberate Moscow from invaders. From Nizhny Novgorod, the militia moved up the Volga and stopped in Yaroslavl, where it grew stronger and gained strength. Yaroslavl during the standing of the militia (its headquarters was in the Spaso-Preobrazhensky monastery) served as the capital of the state.

The monument was erected to commemorate the release of the Minin and Pozharsky militia from the walls of the monastery in 1612. The militia left the monastery through the Holy Gates on July 27, 1612 and moved to Moscow.

This construction is at the same time a chapel, since there are images of Christian saints and a monument to the past, as inside the words “To the people's militia of 1612 from grateful descendants” are inscribed on the plate. In the chapel, in the form of a stained-glass window, there is an image of the icon of the Kazan Mother of God, which the militia found in Yaroslavl and took with them to the march on Moscow. The sign is clearly visible from afar. Close similar to a space rocket.

Yaroslavl Kremlin

On background is the entrance to Yaroslavl Kremlin.

The chopped city or the Yaroslavl Kremlin (in the old days also the Small City) is the oldest part of the city of Yaroslavl in the shape of a triangle, the "tip" of which is the arrow of the Volga and Kotorosl rivers. On it, as the “Legend of the construction of the city of Yaroslavl” narrates, the oldest Volga city was founded. The banks of both rivers are steep and convenient for protection. On the north side, the Kremlin defended the deep Medveditsky ravine, along which the Medveditsa river flowed through the end of the 18th century.

Yaroslavl went beyond the limits of the Chopped City back in pre-Mongol time. Archaeologists have long been baffled by the fact that the layers of the 11th century can be traced not in the Ruben city, but to the north-west of it (near the main building of the Medical Academy). Historically, trade and handicrafts have been concentrated in a much larger Earth city. It was connected, first of all, with the small size of the Chopped City - in its natural boundaries its perimeter is only 573 sazhen (about a kilometer).

Yaroslavl coat of arms

Top right is the coat of arms of Yaroslavl. On the 2010 version of the banknote made in dark green color.

The basis of the modern emblem, approved on August 23, 1995 by the city municipality, which adopted the "Regulations on the Emblem of the City of Yaroslavl", signed by the head of the city government V.V. Volončunas, was taken in 1778.

“In the silver field of the heraldic shield there is a black bear turning right to the right, holding on his left shoulder with his left front paw a gold ax, with the blade pointing upwards; the right forepaw of the bear is raised above the left. The heraldic shield is crowned with the image of Monomakh's cap. ... It is allowed to reproduce the coat of arms of the city of Yaroslavl in an abbreviated form (without the image of the Monomakh's cap), and in some cases as the main element of the coat of arms - a bear with an ax."

In top left corner is the logo of Bank of Russia.

The Drawing of a temporary emblem of Russia (since September 14, 1917 - Russian republic) was developed by a group of experts, which included well-known artists and heraldry V.K. Lukomskii, S.N. Troinitskii, G.I. Narbut and Ivan Bilibin. Considering, that the new emblem of the Russian state may approve only the Constituent Assembly, they propose to use as a temporary two-headed eagle emblem of the era of Ivan III without attributes of royal power.

Figure emblem, made by Ivan Bilibin, was appointed by chairman of the Provisional Government, Prince G.E. Lvov and Foreign Minister P.N. Milyukov as a model for printing. Although, officially emblem has not been approved, it was in circulation before the acceptance of the Constitution of the RSFSR at July 10, 1918, which introduced a new state coat of arms. In the territory controlled by the "white forces", the logo was used, and later - in particular, it was present on the banknotes, which were issued by Ufa directory.

Revers:

1000 Rubles 2010

St. John the Baptist Church, Yaroslavl St. John the Baptist Church, Yaroslavl

St. John the Baptist Church and the belfry, Yaroslavl.

St. John the Baptist Church (Russian: Церковь Иоанна Предтечи) in Yaroslavl is considered to be the acme of the Yaroslavl school of architecture. It was built in 1671-1687 on the bank of Kotorosl river in the Tolchkovo sloboda (district) which at that time was the largest and wealthiest part of the town.

Its walls and dome drums are covered with richly glazed tiles; the temple's fifteen onion domes are assembled in three groups. The 7-storey, 45-metre high bell-tower was built later than the church itself in mid-1690s.

The entire interior is covered with frescoes depicting Christian saints, St. John the Baptist hagiography and biblical topics. They were painted by Dmitry Plekhanov and Fyodor Ignatyev in 1694-1695.

To the right of the center is a pattern. The origin of this pattern has not yet been established.

Comments:

The modified banknote has the same dimensions and general design as the 1000-ruble banknote of 2004 modification. The banknote colour design has been changed insignificantly. On the front of the modified banknote in the lower part of the unprinted area to the right of the main image there is a text "МОДИФИКАЦИЯ 2010 ГОДА" (2010 modification).

The modified banknotes have the following main differences:

the security fibres of two types are embedded in the paper (two-coloured and one-coloured grey ones);

the security thread is embedded in the paper. It comes out on the surface on the front of the banknote in the shape of a window;

the multitone & highlight watermark is located on the wide unprinted area;

the coat-of-arms of the city of Yaroslavl is printed in optically variable magnetic ink (OVMI) with the effect of a moving bright glossy bar;

on the front of the banknote at the edges of unprinted areas there are fine relief line marks;

at the bottom of a field with latent coloured waves (MVC effect) there is an area with constantly visible coloured waves;

the height of figures of the left serial number smoothly increases from the left to the right;

on the back of the banknote the multicoloured ornamental stripe has been changed;

some elements of the image have magnetic properties;

under a UV and IR light the banknote images differ in some aspects from the images of the banknotes of previous modifications. (Банк России)