Top
header Notes Collection

3 Lekë 1976, Albania

in Krause book Number: 41a
Years of issue: 1976
Edition:
Signatures: no signature
Serie: 1976 Issue
Specimen of: 1976
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 110 х 60
Printer: China Banknote Printing and Minting, Shanghai

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

3 Lekë 1976

Description

Watermark:

watermark

Abbreviation of Albanian State Bank BSHSH, in a semicircle, near five-pointed star (repeated).

Avers:

3 Lekë 1976

grapes

Albanian peasant woman with basket of grapes at a vineyard.

The territory of Albania is considered one of the first European regions of the cultivation of grapes. Wine was produced in Albania until the XVII century, until Islamic traditions were rooted there. After the victory of socialism in the second half of the XX century, winemaking began to develop again in Albania. In 1957, there were 24 wineries in the country that produced dry wines and local rakia. Albania successfully exported sweet wines, brandy and grape juice. In 1990, an experimental station was established to study local grape varieties and improve the quality of wines. A certain impetus to the development of winemaking in the country was given by the land privatization program adopted in 1992.

In Albania, there are four wine regions and 6 thousand hectares of vineyards. The country produces about 106 thousand hectoliters of wine. The most famous national wine producer is the "Red Star" cooperative. (eniw.rum .rus)

At the bottom is an inscription::"Banka e Shtetit Shqiptar. I Paguhet Prurёsit Me Tё Parё".

In English: "Bills of Albanian State Bank should be accepted everywhere in the country".

Revers:

3 Lekë 1976

Sarandë

View of Saranda (Sarandë) and the harbour.

Sarandë (Albanian pronunciation: [saˈɾa:ndə]; Greek: Άγιοι Σαράντα, translit. Agioi Saranda; Italian: Santiquaranta), also simply Saranda, is a coastal town in Albania. Geographically, it is situated on an open sea gulf of the Ionian Sea in the central Mediterranean, about 14 km. (8.7 mi.) east of the northern end of the island of Corfu. Stretching along the Albanian Ionian Sea Coast, Saranda typically has over 300 sunny days a year.

The city is known for its blue deep waters of the Mediterranean. Near Sarandë are the remains of the ancient city of Butrint, a UNESCO World Heritage site. In recent years, Saranda has seen a steady increase in tourists, many of them coming by cruise ship. Visitors are attracted by the natural environment of Saranda and its archaeological sites. Sarandë has a large Greek population and is considered one of the two centers of the Greek minority in Albania.

Sarandë Sarandë

The district of Saranda lies in the most southern extremity of Albania. It is bordered with Vlora to the north, Delvina and Gjirokastër to the east and with Greece to the south of Ionian Sea. Saranda is a place in the most southern part of Albania. It lies between the hills that descend and reach the Ionian Sea. The district of Saranda has a plain relief which is composed of southern seashore mountains that lie from Borsh to the bay of Ftelia, Vrina Fields and the hills of Saranda, Lëkurësi, Ksamil, Butrint and Konispol. All these units make up the southern part of the Albanian Riviera where the eye catches the countless bays, beaches, the rocky coastline, hills with olives and citrus, mountains that surround the landscape. Saranda is traversed by Kalasa, Bistrica and Pavlla rivers which flow in the Ionian Sea. In Saranda's hydrograph belongs even Butrinti Lake which is one of the biggest sea lakes in Albania. The Butrint Lake is very rich in sea species and in their waters now are being growing mussels. Its relief, geographical location and subtropical climate create favorable conditions for planting citrus trees and olives.

The present municipality was formed at the 2015 local government reform by the merger of the former municipalities Ksamil and Sarandë, that became municipal units. The seat of the municipality is the town Sarandë.

Albanian Riviera, 1975.

coat

Top, right is the Coat of arms of the People’s Socialist Republic of Albania 1946-1992.

"The coat of arms of the People’s Socialist Republic of Albania is an image of a black double-headed eagle, framed by two bunches of wheat ears, which have a five-pointed red star at the top and are tied at the bottom with a red ribbon on which the date" May 24, 1944 "is written."

Inscription at the bottom:"Ligja dёnon ata qё fabrikojnё dhe ndajne bileta tё fallsifikuara".

In English: "Forgery of state bills is punishable by law".

Comments:

In 1965, notes (dated 1964) were introduced by the Banka e Shtetit Shqiptar in denominations of 1, 3, 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100 lekë. A second series of notes was issued in 1976 when the country changed its name to the People's Socialist Republic.