header Notes Collection
Top

10 Rubels 2009, Belarus

no number in katalog -
Years of issue: 01.07.2016
Edition: 10 000 000
Signatures: Старшыня праўлення Нацыянальнага банка: Пётр Пятровіч Пракаповіч (03.1998 - 07.2011)
Serie: My country - Belarus
Specimen of: 2009
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 139 x 72
Printer: De la Rue currency,Loughton

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

10 Rubels 2009

Description

Watermark:

WatermarkWatermark - The church of the Savior and Transfiguration, in Polotsk, Vitebsk region and cornerstones. About The church of the Savior and Transfiguration please read an obverse description!

Avers:

10 Rubels 2009

The image of the church of the Savior and Transfiguration or the cathedral church of the Convent of the Saviour and St. Euphrosyne (located in Polotsk, Vitebsk region), a stylized image of the same church (the view of XII century) and architectural elements in the background.

10 Рублей 2009Centered is the view of the church of the Savior and Transfiguration, locate in Polotsk, Vitebsk region, Belarus.

Transfiguration Church of the St. Euphrosyne monastery is a well-preserved monument of Pre-Mongol Rus architecture. It was built between 1152 and 1161 by the Polatsk architect Ioann by the order of the princess St. Euphrosyne of Polatsk as a cathedral church of the Convent of the Saviour and St. Euphrosyne. In 1582, King Stefan Batory gave the church to the Order of Jesuits. In 1832, the church was placed under the Orthodox administration, and in 1990 it became a property of the Belarusian Exarchate. In the XIX century it was partially remodeled according to the design by the architect A. Port.

Built in the middle of the XII century. outstanding Polotsk architect John. The large experience of its co-operative builders and good organization of work made it possible to build it within 30 weeks. Temple size 8h12 meters, considerably elongated, has six supporting pillars, has blades with semi-columns. He has a protruding apse. The other two small side altars are not visible from the outside.

An important feature of the temple of the Saviour is that there appeared the first sample of corbel arches at the edges of the pedestal at the base of the drum. Zakomary and kokoshniks had keeled over completion of the master pedestal angles John put one more decorative element - diagonal kokoshniks keeled forms. The entire volume of the church in its original form, a member of the three parts of different height, a high central space, from the east apse, on the west porch. West facade is a continuous sequence of the growth of the mass. The building was completed drum with elongated windows and light helmet-shaped dome, it looked a complete step composition. The west wall is arranged ladder move to the choir, the sides of which were cells.

10 Рублей 2009Polotsk gave his sample processing cross-domed temple system with pronounced ancient Russian traits that can seen in the church of the Savior. By the middle of the XII century. Polotsk architecture held a fruitful path of development and has managed to create his own architectural school. In setting limits of princely power and the continuous strengthening of the role of citizens in political life were born bold innovative ideas of the famous architect John Polotsk. He set the task of creating the upward compositions. Ultimately, the dynamic construction of the temple began to spread to other cities in Russia: Smolensk, Novgorod, Ryazan, Pskov. These new traditions in the development of ancient Russian architecture very clearly manifested in Pyatnitskaya church in Chernigov, which was built at the turn of XII-XIII centuries.

As has now been established by researchers, Polotsk architect was invited in the late 80's - early 90-ies of XII century. He erected in Smolensk, where the prince's palace Cathedral of the Archangel Michael, and thereby laid the foundations for the emergence of Smolensk architectural school. During these years, Polotsk masters built in Novgorod Shinichi Mount Peter and Paul Church. Polochans participated in building construction cooperatives in Grodno.

Transfiguration Church of the St. Euphrosyne - the only building in Belarus, which is almost completely preserved frescoes XII century. The murals were decorated walls and pillars inside the building. The frescoes were placed in rows, one above the other. Many figured compositions interspersed with single-figured. The monumental figures of saints differ spirituality, high level of painting techniques, in particular the image of a young nun on the side of the north-west pillar. The color scheme of the frescoes buying, restrained: brown, red, yellow paint murals background dark blue. There is graffiti. Polotsk apominayut mural painting as Kiev and Novgorod. At the same time it's original works have absorbed other influences, particularly Byzantine art. Polotsk existed independent school with highly monumental painting.

Current status:

Transfiguration Church of the St. Euphrosyne is entirely preserved temple of the XII century, complete with add-ons XVII-XIX centuries in the area of ​​the roof. In 1830s Temple was recognized dilapidated, but was decided to restore it, based on the fact that it is "the piece of Russian precious monument of ancient architecture."

The modified design of the roof had not violated the medieval foundation of the monument, but allowed to preserve a unique structural element of the object - a two-stage series zakomaras ("corbel"), decorating step transition from the vaults to the cupola drum.

Inside are preserved frescoes of the XII century.

At June 3, 2007 at the Holy Transfiguration temple was gilded dome, at 23 September 2009 - the new iconostasis installed. (Культура Полоцка IX-XIII вв. .rus)

At the upper edge inscription: "НАЦЫЯНАЛЬНЫЙ БАНК РЭСПУБЛІКІ БЕЛАРУСЬ". Slightly to the left it posted a year (2009) and the signature of the official - the head of the National Bank of Belarus. Nominal number marked in the upper left corner and in the center of the banknote. In words vertically on the left edge and horizontally in the lower right corner (ДЗЕСЯЦЬ РУБЛЁЎ).

Revers:

10 Rubels 2009

The collage devoted to enlightenment and printing (books, the Cross of Euphrosyne of Polotsk, and an ornamental pattern fragment).

10 Рублей 2009On the banknote are books, old Belorussian font, ornament details of books and printed sign (bookplate or ex-librīs) of Francysk Skaryna - the sun and the moon.

More detailed:

Belorussian bookplate (ex-libris - from the books) - bookplate, artistically made small sticker on the inside of the binding with the name of the owner. The story is often used by the Belorussian motives.

Homeland bookplates consider Germany. In Germany it was the custom to put on minting valuables in a sign of belonging to an individual. The first printed books, too, belonged to the valuable things, but the feudal lords, monasteries and rich merchants could afford to own a collection of books, and often signed them or drew its mark in order to regain his book, for example, in case of theft. First, those who copied the book, make notes about who owns the book. Subsequently, the mark shall be in the form of vignettes and painted at the beginning or end of the book. Naturally, the hand-drawn bookplates were distributed at a time when libraries were small, because it was not easy to draw the same image on a large number of books.

Printed bookplates appeared in Belarus in the end of XVI - early XVII century. By the XVIII century. coats of arms in bookplate owner prevailed, in the XX century. It became popular story bookplates.

Francysk Skaryna or Francisk Skorina (Latin: Franciscus Scorina, Belorussian: Францыск (Францішак) Скарына; ca. 1490–before 29 January 1552) was a Belorussian humanist, physician, translator and one of the first book printers in Eastern Europe, laying the groundwork for the development of the Belorussian language.

Skaryna devoted his life to the publication of the biblical texts. He sought to make the Bible more available to the common people and write it in an easy language. Skaryna also composed prefaces to his editions, in which he emphasized that the purpose of his publishing activities is to help ordinary people "become acquainted with wisdom and science". He contributed to the development of the Belorussian literary language. This Bible became the second printed Bible in the Slavic world, following the publication of a Czech edition.

10 Рублей 2009In 1517 Skaryna started his publishing career in Prague. He printed his Psalter, and then twenty-two books of the Old Testament under the common name "Biblia Ruska". His books were not very characteristic for the West European printed Bibles of that time. The reason is that all of them are published in the format of a fourth part of a leaf. Texts of the Bible are printed in the Church Slavonic language with a large amount of Belorussian words. More than that Belorussian linguists can identify the influence of the Polish and Czech languages.

Skaryna's Bible breaks the existing rules of that time. It contains text from the publisher, his comments, forewords and after words. In addition it contains prints with his image. It is the first such case and the last in the history of the publication of Bibles in Eastern Europe.

All Skaryna’s editions are very rare, especially those published in Vilnius. Copies are stored in libraries in Minsk, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev, Vilnius, Lviv, London, Prague, Copenhagen, and Kraków.

10 Рублей 2009 10 Рублей 2009Centered and on right side is The Cross of Saint Euphrosyne.

Euphrosyne of Polotsk (or Polatsk, Połack) (Belarusian: Еўфрасіння Полацкая; 1110-1173) was the granddaughter of a prince of Polotsk, Vseslav, and daughter of Prince Svyatoslav of Polotsk. She is one of the 15 patron saints of Belarus, whose lives are celebrated in the Belarusian Orthodox Church, on the first Sunday after Pentecost, a feast that was instituted in the year of her canonization in 1984.

The Cross of Saint Euphrosyne was a revered relic of the Russian Orthodox Church and Belarus, which was made in 1161 by Lazar Bohsha for the order of Saint Euphrosyne of Polatsk and lost in June 1941 in Mahilyow.

Euphrosyne, mother superior of Polatsk Convent, ordered the cross to decorate the new Transfiguration church. The simple cypress cross was decorated with gold, gemstones and enamel, depicting Jesus Christ, John the Baptist, Theotokos, the Four Evangelists, archangels Gabriel and Michael, and three patron saints of Euphrosyne and her parents. The work cost 120 hryvnas. Inside, the cross contained pieces of the Holy Cross and other relics.

In the 13th century, the cross was relocated to Smolensk; after a long travel across the country, it was returned to Polatsk in 1841. The cross was thoroughly photographed for the record in 1896. In 1928 the nationalized relic was taken to Minsk, then, in 1929, to Mahilyow, and was locked in a safe box of the regional communist party headquarters.

The cross disappeared during the swift occupation of Belarus by German forces (June–July 1941).

There are no reliable accounts of what happened to the cross in 1941. There are at least three different versions (other than destruction by fire or plunder):

The official Soviet version abruptly stated, that the cross was looted by Germans.

In 1991, the minister of culture of Belarus asserted that the cross, together with other Belarusian treasures, had been evacuated to Moscow.

German paperwork of the Alfred Rosenberg organization recorded a Mahilyow treasure captured by Germans in Smolensk. However, there is no evidence of the Polatsk Cross itself.

In 1997, Nikolay Kuzmich, a craftsman from Brest, completed an officially endorsed replica of the cross, now on display in the Polatsk cathedral.

The Cross of St. Euphrosyne is often used as a national symbol of Belarus. The 1991 version of the Belorussian coat of arms Pahonia features a cross resembling the Cross of St. Euphrosyne on the knight's shield.

The Cross is the subject of two postage stamps of Belarus, issued in 1992 and 2001, and a commemorative coin of Belarus issued in 2007.

The national-democratic opposition movement Young Front has the cross as main element of its symbol.

Face value is indicated in top right corner. In numbers and in words (10 РУБЛЁЎ) in the bottom left corner. Series banknotes marked with the number at the left edge (vertical orientation with increasing a size, black color) and lower right (the horizontal orientation, the growing size of type, dark-blue color).

Comments:

10 Rubles 2009 with the signature of the P.P. Prokopovich issued in 8 prefixes: ВА, ВВ, ВЕ, ВН, ВК, ВМ, ВТ, ХХ. XX Series is replacement Serie.

In addition to the common usage of series, prefix AC released for set of commemorative banknotes "Moja kraina - Belarus" (1000 pieces). All everyday series began arriving in the treatment of 1 July 2016. (belbonistika.com .rus)