Top
header Notes Collection

100 Rubles 2015, Russia

no number in katalog -
Years of issue: 23.12.2015
Edition: 20000000
Signatures: no signature
Serie: No Serie
Specimen of: 23.12.2015
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 150 х 65
Printer: Goznak, Краснокамская бумажная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Краснокамск, Пермский край

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

100 Rubles 2015

Description

Watermark:

100 Рублей 2015 100 Рублей 2015The prototype served as a watermark is the portrait of Catherine II, in profile, after the work of Danish artist Vigilius Eriksen, stored in the Russian State Hermitage.

Catherine II of Russia (Russian: Екатерина Алексеевна Yekaterina Alekseyevna), also known as Catherine the Great (Екатерина II Великая, Yekaterina Velikaya; 2 May [O.S. 21 April] 1729 - 17 November [O.S. 6 November] 1796), was the most renowned and the longest-ruling female leader of Russia, reigning from 1762 until her death in 1796 at the age of 67. Born in Stettin, Pomerania, Prussia as Sophie Friederike Auguste von Anhalt-Zerbst-Dornburg, she came to power following a coup d'état when her husband, Peter III, was assassinated. Russia was revitalised under her reign, growing larger and stronger than ever and becoming recognised as one of the great powers of Europe.

In both her accession to power and in rule of her empire, Catherine often relied on her noble favourites, most notably Grigory Orlov and Grigory Potemkin. Assisted by highly successful generals such as Alexander Suvorov and Pyotr Rumyantsev, and admirals such as Fyodor Ushakov, she governed at a time when the Russian Empire was expanding rapidly by conquest and diplomacy. In the south, the Crimean Khanate was crushed following victories over the Ottoman Empire in the Russo-Turkish wars, and Russia colonised the vast territories of Novorossiya along the coasts of the Black and Azov Seas. In the west, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, ruled by Catherine's former lover, king Stanisław August Poniatowski, was eventually partitioned, with the Russian Empire gaining the largest share. In the east, Russia started to colonise Alaska, establishing Russian America.

Catherine reformed the administration of Russian guberniyas, and many new cities and towns were founded on her orders. An admirer of Peter the Great, Catherine continued to modernise Russia along Western European lines. However, military conscription and economy continued to depend on serfdom, and the increasing demands of the state and private landowners led to increased levels of reliance on serfs. This was one of the chief reasons behind several rebellions, including the large-scale Pugachev's Rebellion of cossacks and peasants.

The period of Catherine the Great's rule, the Catherinian Era, is often considered the Golden Age of the Russian Empire and the Russian nobility. The Manifesto on Freedom of the Nobility, issued during the short reign of Peter III and confirmed by Catherine, freed Russian nobles from compulsory military or state service. Construction of many mansions of the nobility, in the classical style endorsed by the Empress, changed the face of the country. She enthusiastically supported the ideals of The Enlightenment, thus earning the status of an enlightened despot. As a patron of the arts she presided over the age of the Russian Enlightenment, a period when the Smolny Institute, the first state-financed higher education institution for women in Europe, was established.

Avers:

100 Rubles 2015

This side is devoted to Sevastopol:

100 Рублей 2015

On foreground is the monument to the scuttled ships in Sevastopol Bay.

It is the monument in Sevastopol, the emblem of the city. Installed on an artificial island in increments of roughly processed granite blocks, 10 meters from the beach at Primorskiy Boulevard.

The monument is a column with Corinthian capitals, topped with a bronze double-headed eagle with open wings, holding in its beak a laurel wreath. The authors of the monument - Estonian sculptor A.G. Adamson, architect B. A. Feldman and military engineer O-F.I. Enberg. The total height of the monument - 16,66 meters. On the monument, on the wall of the embankment, reinforced anchor with submerged ships.

The monument was established in 1905 to the fiftieth anniversary of the first defense of Sevastopol, which had been flooded with Russian sailing ship, "to prevent entry of enemy ships to raid, and thus - save Sevastopol" (P. Nakhimov). Flooded across the fairway first seven obsolete ships and in February 1855 when the South was left the party in the bay flooded and the rest of the fleet. Fire shore batteries and flooded boats did Sevastopol bay inaccessible to the Anglo-French fleet. At the memorial plate mounted in the monument, says: "In memory of the ships, submerged in the 1854-1855 year for the barrier entrance to the raid". (wikimapia.org).

100 Рублей 2015

On background is the painting by Russian painter Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky "Russian Squadron On The Raid Of Sevastopol" - a painting, written by imperial order in the first half of 1846. On the canvas imprinted significant historical event - the arrival of Nicholas I in Sevastopol in 1845 for the highest inspection of the city and the Black Sea Fleet. Artwork done in oil on canvas, size: 121x191 cm. The work is kept at the State Russian Museum in St. Petersburg.

The rising sun, the smooth surface of the sea has not yet woken up, at the outlet of the Sevastopol bay contours of ships...

Nothing in this picture still does not foretell the tragic fate of Sevastopol - the pearl of the Black Sea Russian crown - and the Russian fleet in the forthcoming Crimean War of 1853-1856.

The ships depicted in the picture, including the flagship of the Black Sea Russian fleet sailing linear 130-gun ship "Twelve Apostles" Launched in 1841, were flooded at the entrance to Sevastopol bay in 1854, to prevent the entry into its ships Franco-Anglo-Turkish fleet and thus protect Sevastopol from the sea.

On the ship "Twelve Apostles" Aivazovsky associated with one of the most vivid memories of his youth, when the artist, just to get a permanent residence in Feodosia, where he organized in the spring of 1846 an exhibition of his works in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of artistic activity and return to his native Feodosia from Sevastopol congratulations came a detachment of five military sailing ships, headed by the "Twelve apostles" was still under the command of captain first rank V.Kornilov to congratulate the young artist by the name of Black Sea sailors. (nearyou.ru .rus)

100 Рублей 2015

Lower, left, on background, is the Chersonese lighthouse in Sevastopol. It is active lighthouse at Chersonese Cape, built in 1816, located in the most western point of the city of Sevastopol. Concrete lighthouse tower, a height of 36 meters, lined with white Inkerman stone. Range Lighthouse 16 miles. The color of fire - white. At the lighthouse installed the beacon set КРМ-30, which provides a range of over 150 miles. That same year, a lighthouse was built twin on the same project - Tarkhankut lighthouse. During the Great Patriotic War, the lighthouse died last participants of the defense of Sevastopol. Until the last days of defense beacon pointing the way to the Soviet ships and boats in the city. And exactly here, on this place, near the lighthouse, the Crimean Offensive operation has been ended. During the war, the lighthouse tower was destroyed and rebuilt in the years 1950-1951. (Журнал Крым rus.)

100 Рублей 2015Right of lighthouse is the Diagram Plan of Sevastopol, the part of guide-map "Orthodox Crimea".

100 Рублей 2015

Right of the Diagram Plan of Sevastopol is the Cathedral of St. Vladimir in Sevastopol.

St. Vladimir's Cathedral is an Orthodox church in Sevastopol which was built in the aftermath of the Crimean War as a memorial to the heroes of the Siege of Sevastopol (1854-1855).

It was the admiral Mikhail Lazarev who came up with the idea to build St. Vladimir's Cathedral in Sevastopol rather than in Chersonesus as was originally intended. The church contains the tombs of Lazarev and three of his disciples - Vladimir Kornilov, Vladimir Istomin and Pavel Nakhimov – who died during the siege.

The architecture of the church is Neo-Byzantine. The original design was submitted by Konstantin Thon for the Chersonesus Cathedral. It was reworked by a local architect, Aleksey Avdeyev. The lower church was consecrated in 1881, the upper church was finished 7 years later.

The building rises to a height of 32.5 meters. The marble-clad interior was decorated by a team of Swiss and Italian artists. The names of the heroes of the 1850s siege are inscribed on the walls. The tombs of the admirals were destroyed by the Soviets in 1931. The church sustained further damage in the Second World War.

Archbishop Joachim of Nizhny Novgorod was supposedly martyred by Bolsheviks inside St Vladimir's Cathedral in April 1920 (or perhaps as late as 1921) by being crucified upside-down on the royal doors of the iconostasis. The cathedral's archpriest, Aleksei Nazarevsky, was also allegedly murdered along with him, although the details of when either man died, yet alone how, are not clear. Sevastopol was under the occupation of the White Russian forces of Wrangel until November 1920, and the last definite information about Levitsky is his departure for the city in 1918.

100 Рублей 2015

Lower is Memorial to the Heroic Defense of Sevastopol in 1941-1942.

The Memorial erected in the main square of the city - the area Nakhimov. This monumental monument dedicated to the feat of Sevastopol during the Great Patriotic War.

On a concrete wall depicted relief image of a warrior, reflecting the enemy's onslaught. Harsh and angry his face, stretched to the limit of the muscles of hands, the whole figure breathes dynamics of the battlefield. It is a symbol of Sevastopol, who stood in the way of Hitler's hordes. Three enemy bayonet symbolize the three offensive fascists.

The first, which began November 11, 1941, lasted until 24 November and ended in failure Nazis.

Failing to achieve success in the November fighting, the enemy began preparations for the second attack. At dawn on December 17, after a powerful artillery preparation Nazis stormed our positions. Thanks to the dedication, courage, fortitude, the defenders of Sevastopol, and the inhabitants of the city and this attack was repulsed.

In the third, the last offensive, which began on June 7, 1942, the Nazis moved to the city of 200,000th army, more than 150 tanks, more than 1,000 planes brought down fire 2,000 guns and mortars. In preparation for the offensive - from 20 May to 2 June - the enemy threw at Sevastopol tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of bombs and shells, but the city continued to fight. The world was shocked by the unprecedented stability of the Soviet soldiers who fought to the last bullet, to the last drop of blood.

Only July 3, 1942, having exhausted all possibilities of defense of our troops left Sebastopol, but some battles near Chersonese Cape continued until July 12. The value of defense of Sevastopol is great: in the most difficult period of the war defenders of the city for a long time detained at their walls and milled 300,000th army of Nazis.

July 4, 1942 the newspaper "Pravda" wrote: "The exploits of Sevastopol, their selfless courage and dedication, rage in the fight against the enemy will live through the ages, the immortal crown of glory."

These words are inscribed on a granite memorial boards. Here imprinted names combat units and formations of the Black Sea Fleet, Maritime Army and municipal enterprises working for the front. The text prepared by the Commission, chaired by Admiral F.S. Oktyabrsky, a great job of collecting material held Colonel N.V. Krasnopolskiy.

54 Defence party awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union, and all the defenders of the city were awarded the medal "For the Defense of Sevastopol", established by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR at 22 December 1942

Memorial was created in 1967. Authors of the project - architect I.E. Fialko and sculptor V.V. Yakovlev.

Since May 1973 it is the post number 1, where standing young Sevastopol boys and girls on post - heirs of military glory of the city-hero. (www.sevastopol.info .rus)

Denomination in numerals are repeated 3 times. In words are at bottom.

Revers:

100 Rubles 2015

This side is devoted to Crimea:

100 Рублей 2015

On foreground is The Swallow's Nest.

The Swallow's Nest (Ukrainian: Ластівчине гніздо, Lastivchyne hnizdo, Russian: Ласточкино гнездo, Lastochkino gnezdo) is a decorative castle located at Gaspra, a small spa town between Yalta and Alupka, in Crimea. It was built between 1911 and 1912, on top of the 40-meters (130 ft.) high Aurora Cliff, in a Neo-Gothic design by the Russian architect Leonid Sherwood for the Baltic German oil millionaire Baron von Steingel.

The castle overlooks the Cape of Ai-Todor on the Black Sea coast and is located near the remains of the Roman castrum of Charax. The Swallow's Nest is one of the most popular visitor attractions in Crimea, having become the symbol of Crimea's southern coastline.

The building is compact in size, measuring only 20 m (66 ft) long by 10 m (33 ft) wide.[6] Its original design envisioned a foyer, guest room, stairway to the tower, and two bedrooms on two different levels within the tower. The interior of the guest room is decorated with wooden panels; the walls of the rest of the rooms are stuccoed and painted.[6] An observation deck rings the building, providing a view of the sea, and Yalta's distant shoreline.

History

The first building on the Aurora Cliff was constructed for a Russian general circa 1895. The first structure he built was a wooden cottage romantically named the "Castle of Love."Later on, the ownership of the cottage passed to A. K. Tobin, a court doctor to the Russian Tsar.

In 1911, Baron von Steingel, a Baltic German noble who had made a fortune extracting oil in Baku, acquired the timber cottage and within a year had it replaced with the current building called Schwalbennest. The Scots Baronial and Moorish Revival styles had been introduced in the Crimea in the 1820s by Edward Blore, the architect of the Vorontsov Palace (1828-1846). Compared to the Alupka and Koreiz palaces, the Swallow's Nest is closer in style to various German fairy-tale inspired castle follies, such as Lichtenstein Castle, Neuschwanstein Castle and Stolzenfels Castle, although its precarious seaside setting on the cliffs draws parallels with the Belém Tower in Portugal, or Miramare Castle on the Gulf of Trieste outside Trieste, Italy.

In 1914, von Steingel sold the building to P. G. Shelaputin to be used as a restaurant. For a short time after the 1917 Russian Revolution, the building was used only as a tourist attraction. In 1927, the Swallow's Nest survived a serious earthquake rated at 6 to 7 on the Richter scale.The building was not damaged apart from some small decorative items that were thrown into the sea along with a small portion of the cliff. However, the cliff itself developed a huge crack. In the 1930s, the building was used by a reading club from the nearby "Zhemchuzhina" (Pearl) resort, however it was closed shortly thereafter as a safety precaution due to the damage it had suffered in the quake, remaining closed for the next 40 years.

Renovation and restoration of the building was started only in 1968. The project involved the restoration of a small portion of the castle and the addition of a monolithic console concrete plate to strengthen the cliff. Since 1975, an Italian restaurant has operated within the building. In 2011, the Swallow's Nest was closed for three months due to major restoration work estimated to cost 1,200,000 hryvnias ($150,000 USD).

Owing to its important status as the symbol of the Crimea's southern coast, the Swallow's Nest was featured in several Soviet films. It was used as the setting of "Desyat Negrityat", the 1987 Soviet screen version of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. The building was also featured in the 1983 Soviet-Polish children's film Mister Blot's Academy as well as in Mio in the Land of Faraway, a 1987 joint production by Swedish, Norwegian, and Soviet film companies.

100 Рублей 2015

On background, above the center, is the view Of Parus (sail) Rock and the mountain Ayu-Dag.

Rock "Sail" or "Parus" is the part of the Cape Limen-Burun, which separated after the earthquake in 1927. After the destruction of the isthmus that connects the cliff with the cape, rock "Sail" was the freestanding rock, surrounded by coastal waters of the Black Sea, and received its name because of the incredible similarity with a lone sailboat as though petrified forever. There is a rock in close proximity to the Swallow's Nest is a traditional decoration of the South Coast of Crimea and its symbol. The rock cliffs is a very durable mramorirovanny limestone.

Ayu-Dag or Bear Mountain is the mountain on the southern coast of Crimea, located on the border of Big Alushta and Big Yalta. The height of the mountain - 577 meters above sea level, the mountain is slightly elongated in the north-west by 2,400 meters, stands in the sea 2-2.5 km. The total area of ​​about 4 square kilometers. Complex Ayu-Dag is an environmental object. Ayu-Dag is a classic laccoliths, that is a "failed" volcano. Gore was formed about 150 million years ago in the Middle Jurassic geological period as a result of the introduction of magma in the earth's crust breaks.

100 Рублей 2015

On right and left sides, on background, are the vine grapes (black grapes).

Even a century ago, the velvet season on the Black Sea coast, wore a different name - "grapes season", as the bulk of the harvest is necessary on this time period, and the Crimea is famous for its vineyards for more than one century.

Grape varieties in the Crimea, which are considered to be the most common, matures in average until the last decade of July, close to August. Grown as technical, reaching for cooking wines, juices, raisins and table grapes. The last found its spread in almost all natural zones of Crimea, except mountain. (www.perekop.info .rus)

100 Рублей 2015

On background, centered, is the Big Khan Mosque in Bakhchisaray.

A massive building of Biyuk Han Cami - the Big Khan Mosque - with its red-tiled roof and two harmonious minarets (each 28 m high) is the most noticeable construction in the khan residence. Its expressive silhouette substantially determines the general look of the Khan Palace architectural ensemble.

The Big Khan Mosque is remarkable due to many of its characteristics and features. It was the first construction built here when Sahib I Giray founded the Bakhchisaray Palace in 1532. It is known, that in the 17th century this mosque was called “the Mosque of Sahib Giray khan” in commemoration of the ruler (reigned in 1532-1551) who built the Bakhchisaray Palace.

As far as it is known, the Mosque had initially quite a different look than now: it was sheltered with some small and big domes (not with tiled roof like nowadays). In the middle of the 18th century Arabic calligraphic inscriptions were drawn on its western wall. Black letters and ligatures in green shields either quote verses from the Quran or mention Qırım Giray Han (1758-64) who repaired and adorned the Mosque.

Two minarets of the Big Khan Mosque are slim ridge-roofed towers pointing the sky with alems (bronze crescents). These minarets are fine works of Crimean Tatar architecture. Despite of their age, they still tower over the roofs of the Palace without any visible damages. A spiral staircase is arranged inside each minaret. Before public worship in the Mosque starts a special attendant muezzin goes up to the minaret balcony and sings azan , a loud melodic prayer, calling believers to gather to the Mosque.

Under the Soviet regime the Mosque was closed for the believers. Nowadays Muslims pray there again and azan sounds over Bakhchisaray just like in the times of the Khanate.

From inside the Mosque looks as a large hall with high columns. A wide balcony is attached to its three walls (except of southern). A part of the balcony arranged as a separate chamber and is called the Khan Box. It was a place for the Crimean sovereigns who attended divine services in the Mosque. The box is richly decorated with stained-glass windows, wall- and ceiling-paintings. This is the only place in the Palace where such a rare element of decor as glazed tile remained. In the past the inner walls of many chambers in the Palace were decorated with this kind of white-and-blue tiles.

An abdezhane adjoins the Mosque from the East. It is a small house with a basin and a fountain (şandırvan) intended for ritual ablution. The yard by its eastern wall is empty now; but it is known that a medrese (a Muslim educational institution) was built there by Arslan Giray in the 1750s. (www.hansaray.org.ua)

100 Рублей 2015

At bottom is the Radio telescope RT-70 (P-2500).

The Yevpatoria RT-70 radio telescope (P-2500, RT-70) is an RT-70 radio telescope and planetary radar at the Center for Deep Space Communications, Yevpatoria, Crimea. In the scientific literature is often called Evpatoria Planetary Radar (EPR).

With its 70-meter antenna diameter, it is among the largest single dish radio telescopes in the world. It has an advantage in comparison with other large radio telescopes in the fact that the complex includes powerful transmitters that allow active space experiments. Powerful electromagnetic beams can be accurately targeted and the signals received can be analyzed. For this reason, the Yevpatoria RT-70 radio telescope is one of only two in the world that are able to transmit messages to extraterrestrial civilizations. Radio telescopes are highly sensitive detectors of signals from outer space.

Denomination in numerals are repeated 3 times. In words are at bottom.

Comments:

For description thanks to website (Журнал Крым .rus).

The authors of the commemorative banknote design, continuing a series of urban Russian banknotes are - the main artist of the Directorate for protection technologies FSUE "Goznak" Tahir Seyfulin and the Head of the Department of design of banknotes Cash Circulation Department of Bank of Russia Sergei Kozlov.

The note made on colored in light yellow color cotton paper. The paper introduced a wide security thread that extends to the surface in a window shaped form on the side of the banknote dedicated to Sevastopol. Combined multi-tone watermark is located on a light box in the upper part of the banknote. On the side of the banknote dedicated to the Crimea, in the bottom of the bandpass element is QR-code, which contains a link to the Bank of Russia website page with historical and thematic reference to the commemorative banknote.