Top
header Notes Collection

50000 Rubels 2014, Belarus

in Krause book Number: 32b
Years of issue: 29.12.2010 - 01.01.2017
Edition: --
Signatures: no signature
Serie: 2000 Issue
Specimen of: 29.12.2010
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 150 x 74
Printer: Goznak, Московская печатная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Москва

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

50000 Rubels 2014

Description

Watermark:

Watermark

The Mirsky Castle Complex (Мірскі замак). Please read obverse description!

Avers:

50000 Rubels 2014

Мірскі замак Мірскі замак

The Mirsky Castle Complex (Belarusian: Мірскі замак, Polish: Zamek w Mirze) is a UNESCO World Heritage site in Belarus. It is in the town of Mir, in the Karelichy District of the Hrodna voblast, at 53°27′4.46″N 26°28′22.80″E, 29 kilometeres (18 mi.) north-west of another World Heritage site, Nesvizh Castle. Mir Castle Complex is 164 meters (538 ft.) above sea level.

From 1921 to 1939 the castle belonged to the territory of Poland.

Duke Yuri Ivanovich Ilyinich (pl:Jerzy Iwanowicz Ilinicz) began construction of the castle near the village of Mir after the turn of the XVI century in the Belarusian Gothic style. Five towers surrounded the courtyard of the citadel, the walls of which formed a square of 75 meters (246 ft.) on each side. In 1568, when the Ilyinich dynasty died out, the Mir Castle passed into the hands of Mikołaj Krzysztof "the Orphan" Radziwiłł, who refitted it with a two-winged, three-story stately residence along the eastern and northern inner walls of the castle. Plastered facades were decorated with limestone portals, plates, balconies and porches in the Renaissance style.

In 1817, after the castle had been abandoned for nearly a century and had suffered severe damage in the Battle of Mir (1812), owner Dominik Hieronim Radziwiłł died of battle injuries and the castle passed to his daughter Stefania, who married Ludwig zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Later the castle became a possession of their daughter Maria, who married Prince Chlodwig Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst.

Their son, Maurice Hohenlohe-Schillingsfürst, sold the castle to Nikolai Svyatopolk-Mirsky, of the Bialynia clan, in 1895. Nikolai's son Mikhail began to rebuild the castle according to the plans of architect Teodor Bursze. The Svyatopolk-Mirsky family owned the castle until 1939, when the Soviet Union occupied eastern Poland.

When German forces invaded the Soviet Union in 1941, they occupied the castle and converted it to a ghetto for the local Jewish population, prior to their liquidation. Between 1944 and 1956, the castle was used as a housing facility, resulting in damage to the castle's interior.

In December 2000, the Mir Castle was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

Under the image is placed an inscription "МІРСКІ ЗАМАК". At the top pass the ornamental tape, in which is an inscription "БІЛЕТ НАЦЫЯНАЛЬНАГА БАНКА РЭСПУБЛІКІ БЕЛАРУСЬ". in the upper right part of the field posted abbreviation "НБРБ". Under the central image designated denomination "ПЯЦЬДЗЯСЯТ ТЫСЯЧ РУБЛЁЎ". In lower right part placed the year designation "2000", inside the vignettes.

Revers:

50000 Rubels 2014

Мірскі замак Мірскі замак Мірскі замак

On banknote is the collage of architectural elements of the Mirsky Castle Complex.

Presumably: Centered - two windows from the main (entrance) tower of the castle. Lower - the wind vane (same wind vane depicted on obverse of banknote). Lower, right - the view at the tower's roof from the top!.

Мірскі замак Мірскі замак Мірскі замак

Also on collage are: the wall near the entrance tower and medieval key of the castle.

Thanks for the photos to the page (deletant.livejournal.com .rus).

Under the image is denomination by number 50000. Specified words ПЯЦЬДЗЯСЯТ ТЫСЯЧ РУБЛЁЎ (denomination in words) are in upper left part of banknote. In the upper left corner of the inscription "ПАДРОБКА РАЗЛІКОВЫХ БІЛЕТАЎ НАЦЫЯНАЛЬНАГА БАНКА БЕЛАРУСІ ПРАСЛЕДУЕЦЦА ПА ЗАКОНУ."

Comments:

In 2010 it was released a modified bill 50000 rubles sample 2000. It was issued at December 29, 2010. The reason for the introduction of modifications banknotes was the fact that after the adoption of the new spelling of the Belorussian language, some service label on the bill began to contain spelling errors. In particular there was a spelling mistake in the designation of the nominal value. The word "пяцьдзесят" was replaced by the word "пяцьдзясят". Images, colors, size of the banknotes remained unchanged. In addition to changes in the writing of the denomination, has been removed the polymer protective tape and replaced on the diving metalized strip.

50000 rubles series of 2000 were issued in 24 prefixes: еН, зН, кН, лН, мН, нН, бР, вР, гР, кС, лС, мС, нС, аП, бП, вП, гП, кВ, лВ, вТ, вХ, пС, пТ, пХ. Series бР, вР, гР - in 2008.

Series кС, лС, мС, нС - in 2010; аП, бП, вП, гП, кВ, лВ - in 2011; вТ - in 2012; вХ, пС, пТ - in 2014; пХ - in 2015. (belbonistika.com .rus)

Microtext misspelled. Instead of "МІРСКІ ЗАМАК" on the bill is written, "МИРСКІ ЗАМАК" - one of the letters "i" is not of the Belorussian alphabet, but from the Russian!