header Notes Collection
Top

100 000 Rubels 2011, Belarus

in Krause book Number: 34
Years of issue: 2011
Edition: --
Signatures: Старшыня праўлення Нацыянальнага банка: Пётр Пятровіч Пракаповіч (03.1998 - 07.2011)
Serie: 2000 Issue
Specimen of: 15.07.2005
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 150 x 74
Printer: Goznak, Московская печатная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Москва

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

100 000 Rubels 2011

Description

Watermark:

100000 Rubel 2011An image of a fragment of fretwork on the Radziwill’s Castle ceiling and a light element - letters "НБРБ" (National Bank of Belarus Republic=.

100000 Rubel 2011 100000 Rubel 2011The fretwork on the Radziwill’s Castle ceiling in Getman hall.

Here were used the photos from (zhzhitel.livejournal.com).

100000 Rubel 2011 100000 Rubel 2011The fretwork on the Radziwill’s Castle ceiling in Golden hall. Rather, this part of stucco from Golden Hall is shown in the watermark of the banknote.

This hall was reconstructed in the period of the XVIII century, in the late Baroque style. He is buried in the gold leaf covering the stucco ceiling and walls. Despite the huge amount of metal, interior decorating, room looks very light. (shagau.ru .rus).

Avers:

100 000 Rubels 2011

Нясві́жскі замак Нясві́жскі замак

The entrance into Nesvizh Castle or Radziwill’s Castle (Нясві́жскі замак). After the restoration the castle looks out not as depicted on banknote.

1. On the left and right galleries, below, instead of windows and doors is made the arcade.

2. On the third floor of the palace are designed balconies (previously, by the way, were not).

3. In the courtyard of the castle is now no vegetation (on the banknote - the flowers and tree).

4. The roofs of galleries are changed: added decorative turrets, dormers

enlarged and made otherwise.

5. On the third floor galleries instead of deaf square windows some glass windows installed.

6. On both sides of all windows are made some stucco moldings.

7. Above main building (centered) appeared the flagpole. (euroradio.fm .rus)

Nesvizh Castle or Niasvizh Castle (Belarusian: Нясвіжскі замак, Niasvižski zamak, Lithuanian: Nesvyžiaus pilis, Polish: zamek w Nieświeżu, Russian: Несвижский замок, Nesvizhskiy zamok) is a residential castle of the Radziwiłł family in Nesvizh, Belarus. It is 183 meters (600 ft.) above sea level.

From 1921 to 1939 the complex was in Poland and was considered one of the most beautiful Polish castles in the Kresy region.

The estate was owned by the Radziwiłł magnate family from 1533, when it was awarded to Mikołaj Radziwiłł and his brother Jan Radziwiłł after the extinction of the Kiszka family. Since the Radziwiłłs were one of the most important and wealthy clans of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, it was there that the Lithuanian Archive was moved in 1551. In 1586 the estate was turned into an ordynacja.

After the Union of Lublin the castle became one of the most important residences in the central part of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.

In 1582 Mikołaj Krzysztof "Sierotka" Radziwiłł, the Marshal of Lithuania, Voivode of Trakai–Vilnius and castellan of Šiauliai, started the construction of an imposing square three-storey "château". Although the works were based on a pre-existing structure of a medieval castle, the former fortifications were entirely turned into a renaissance-baroque house. Construction was completed by 1604, and they added several galleries half a century later. The château's corners were fortified with four octagonal towers.

In 1706, during the Great Northern War, Charles XII's army sacked the castle and destroyed its fortifications. Several decades later, the Radziwiłłs invited some German and Italian architects to substantially renovate and enlarge the castle. Antoni Zaleski decorated its yellow facades with baroque stucco work. The XVI-century castle gates were also reconstructed, and the two-storey gatehouse tower was crowned with a helm. It was at this time that the three separate buildings surrounding the central courtyard were joined into a single structure.

The most important structure in Nieśwież is the Corpus Christi Church (1587 to 1603), connected with the castle by a dam over a ditch and containing coffins of 72 members of the Radziwiłł family, each interred in a simple coffin made of birch and marked with Trąby coat of arms. Designed by the Italian architect Gian Maria Bernardoni (1541 to 1605), the church is considered the first Jesuit temple patterned after Il Gesù in Rome, the first domed basilica with Baroque facade in the world and the first baroque piece of architecture in Eastern Europe.

Apart from elaborate princely sepulchers, its interior features some late baroque frescoes from 1760s and the Holy Cross altar, executed by Venetian sculptors in 1583.

In 1772, following the third and last partition of Poland, the castle was seized by Russian forces and the Radziwiłł family was expelled. Soon afterwards the Lithuanian Archive was transferred to Saint Petersburg (where it still remains today), while the majority of works of art gathered in the palace were distributed among various Russian and Polish nobles in support of Catherine the Great. Abandoned both by the original owners and by the Russian army, the palace gradually fell into disrepair. However, it was restored by the Radziwiłłs and between 1881 and 1886 the castle's interiors were renovated by Prince Antoni Radziwiłł and his French wife, Marie de Castellane. They also designed a landscape park in English style. With an area of more than one square kilometer, the park is one of the biggest such facilities in Europe.

After the Polish–Bolshevik War of 1920 the surrounding area and the castle complex became part of the newly established Second Polish Republic.

During the invasion of Poland in 1939, the Radziwiłł family was expelled from the castle by the Red Army. In Soviet times, the castle was used a sanatorium, while the park gradually fell into neglect.

In 1994, the castle complex was designated the national historical and cultural reserve. In 2005 the castle complex was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

The ongoing reconstruction has drawn sharp criticism for its "unjustified reconstruction" of several long-demolished structures, notably a bell-tower. In 2002, the upper storey of the residence was destroyed by fire. Six years later, the Belarus edition of the Komsomolskaya Pravda reported that a substantial section of the castle, dating from the 18th century, had been entirely demolished on account of "rotten brick".

Нясві́жскі замак Нясві́жскі замакThe image of the coat of arms of the Radziwill family, located above the main image, changes its color from golden to green when the banknote is given a tilt.

Нясві́жскі замакThe coat of arms of Nesvizh city is right of the castle entrance.

Non–colored element of the of the obverse is filled with the color of the fragments of the reverse thus forming a finished (one and indivisible) design.

Denomination indicated by the words "СТО ТЫСЯЧ РУБЛЁЎ" at the bottom of the banknote. Just in numerals placed at the top right and along the left edge of the banknote. Inscription "БІЛЕТ НАЦЫЯНАЛЬНАГА БАНКА РЭСПУБЛІКІ БЕЛАРУСЬ" (The banknote of National Bank of Republic of Belarus) takes place in the upper part of the banknote. In the upper right corner is posted abbreviation "НБРБ", under it - the signature of the head of the National Bank. In the lower right corner - a vignette, in which it is placed the designation of the year.

Revers:

100 000 Rubels 2011

Нясві́жскі замак Нясві́жскі замак Нясві́жскі замакThe painting by Belarus artist Napoleon Orda "Nesvizh Castle", under is an inscription in Belorussian "НЯСВІЖСКІ ЗАМАК РАДЗІВИЛАЎ З МАЛЮНКА Н. ОРДЫ".

In my description I used the photos from kiploks.livejournal.com.

Нясві́жскі замак

Нясві́жскі замак Нясві́жскі замакThe Russian printer Goznak, which printed the banknote, made following error - the orthodox crosses on top of the castle were placed instead of eagles (which have always been there in fact and that is presented on all older photos and engravings), because Radziwill were Catholic.

On September 18, 2013, Nadezhda Ermakova, head of the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus said: "We went to the Russian Goznak, where we printed the bill, they brought us a formal apology, and already the new notes will be printed corrected. When they are coming into circulation I cannot say. May be, they already appeared on our market."

But thee new banknotes appeared only in 2014. (www.geo-by.com .rus).

Denomination in numerals depicted under main image. In left corner of banknote is the same denomination in words "СТО ТЫСЯЧ РУБЛЁЎ". Prefix and the number of banknote are lower left and along right border. In top left corner is an inscription in Belorussian: "ПАДРОБКА РАЗЛІКОВЫХ БІЛЕТАЎ НАЦЫЯНАЛЬНАГА БАНКА БЕЛАРУСІ ПРАСЛЕДУЕЦЦА ПА ЗАКОНУ" (Falsification is punished by law).

Comments:

Withdrawn from circulation on 01 January 2017. Will be exchanged until 01 January 2022.

Banknote security features:

1.Watermark

2.Security thread

3.Latent image

4.See–through register mark

5.Intaglio printing

6.Security pattern

7.Microprint

8.Metallic Ink

9.Blind Code

10.Non–colored stamping

100,000 rubles series of 2000 were issued in 15 prefixes: мг, ме, мк, мл, на, нб, са, сб, св, ха, хб, хв, хг, па, пб. на, нб went into circulation in 2010; Series са, сб,св - in 2011; ха, хб, хв, хг - in 2012; па, пб - in 2014. (belbonistika.com .rus)