Top
header Notes Collection

20 000 Rubels 2012, Belarus

in Krause book Number: 31
Years of issue: 2012
Edition: --
Signatures: no signature
Serie: 2000 Issue
Specimen of: 15.03.2011
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 150 x 74
Printer: Goznak, Московская печатная фабрика - филиал ФГУП "Гознак", Москва

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

20 000 Rubels 2012

Description

Watermark:

20000 Rubel 2011Old stone vase near Rumiancev's and Paskevich's palace, in Gomel.

20000 Rubel 2011 20000 Rubel 2011In Warsaw seen interesting "vase". Take a look at the two pictures.

The first shows an architectural form, that all of you, probably, have seen in the territory of palace and garden, near the Palace of Rumyantsev-Paskevich. And the second found in the Polish capital.

Probably not coincidentally, they are so similar. Recall the historical fact: Field Marshal Ivan Paskevich, one of the owners of the Gomel estate, is His Serene Highness Prince of Warsaw. This title he won for the suppression of the November Uprising in Poland. Photo by V. Gusev. (www.vgomele.by .rus)

Avers:

20 000 Rubels 2012

The Rumyantsev-Paskevich ResidenceThe Rumiancev's and Paskevich's palace in Gomel (Палац Румянцавых і Паскевічаў).

The Rumyantsev-Paskevich Residence is the main place of historical importance in the city of Gomel, Belarus. The grounds of the residence stretch for 800 meters along the steep right bank of the Sozh River. Marshal Pyotr Rumyantsev was built between 1777 and 1796 to a Neoclassical design attributed to Ivan Starov. The palace replaced the ruined castle of Gomel's previous owner, Michael Frederick Czartoryski. The central part is surmounted by a square belvedere with a wide flat dome. The six-columned Corinthian portico faces an extensive English park.

The Rumyantsev-Paskevich ResidenceThe main portico is placed on a high platform and is supported by four Corinthian columns.

After Pyotr Rumyantsev's death in 1796, the grounds were slowly improved by his son Nicholas (1754-1826). His brother Sergei was the next owner. He was never interested in country housekeeping and promptly sold the palace to the crown (1834).

The Rumyantsev-Paskevich ResidenceIn 1834 the castle was immediately purchased by Field Marshal, Ivan Paskevich, who had both, the palace and the park, substantially renovated. He employed architect Adam Idźkowski to add a four-storey tower and a three-storey wing to the existing structure. Here was the library of master of the house, which has a rich collection of works of art.

After the Russian Revolution the palace was nationalized to house a local museum. Paskevich's daughter-in-law Irina had to move from the palace into an ordinary flat. The buildings sustained heavy damage in the Russian Civil War and World War II. They were shared by the Gomel History Museum and the local pioneers' palace until the late 1990s. The current Neoclassical interiors result from a late 1990s restoration campaign.

The park contains a modern statue of Count Nikolay Rumyantsev. The original marble statues of Euripides, Venus, Athena, Ares, Bacchus, and the Nymph were lost. It was only in 2006 that the replacement statues were put in place. The Paskevich art collection also boasted several paintings by Ivan Kramskoi, Marcin Zaleski, and January Suchodolski, as well as a marble bust of Count Rumyantsev by Antonio Canova.

The bronze equestrian statue of Prince Joseph Poniatowski by Bertel Thorvaldsen, which Paskevich had brought from Warsaw as a trophy in 1842, was dismantled by the Poles during the Polish-Soviet War and transported back to Warsaw, only to be destroyed by the Germans in the 1940s. Its copy stands in front of the Presidential Palace, Warsaw.

Other buildings on the grounds are the Russian Revival chapel with the tombs of Ivan Paskevich and his family, a winter garden (which originated as Prince Paskevich's sugar-mill), several subsidiary outbuildings, and a set of cannons captured by Paskevich's soldiers in the course of the Russo-Turkish War (1828-1829).

By far the most conspicuous landmark in the park is the Neoclassical church of St. Peter and Paul. It was commissioned by Count Nikolay Rumyantsev from architect John Clark in 1809 but was not consecrated until 1824. The church is the seat of the local Orthodox bishopric.

The Rumyantsev-Paskevich ResidenceAnd a little more about the clock tower, which is depicted on the banknote in the center, at the end of the palace buildings.

The clock on the tower of the Palace of Rumyantsev-Paskevich, of course, not up to the famous clock tower Big Ben Palace of Westminster in London, but in its own way is one of the attractions of the Gomel palace and park ensemble. Watch, then mechanical, it has been established at a time when the owner of the palace was Fedor Paskevich. The dial was white with black Roman numerals on it. The melody they played not known, perhaps, it was not at all, but takes them, according to one version, at the bottom, not climbing the tower. While confirm it now, no one can. Prior to overhaul hours in 2008, they are almost the entire Soviet period, played the tune of "Люблю мой край, старонку гэту ...". After the repair has acquired digital clock view of the beginning of XX century, with a white dial and Roman numerals, while maintaining a caveat. Roman numeral IV is written, as well as in pre-revolutionary times, somewhat unusual - IIII. Watch now acquired not only the previous form, but also super-modern Swiss interior. Installation of the Swiss mechanism, as well as all repair was carried out employees of the Gomel firm "Privacy" at the coordinating assistance to the Swiss side. Now the clock is set to perform a few tunes of songs era of military campaigns of Field Marshal Ivan Paskevich. (www.ilook.by .rus).

Denominations in numerals are twice on top, in words at bottom.

Revers:

20 000 Rubels 2012

The Rumyantsev-Paskevich ResidenceThe painting by Polish architect and painter Adam Idźkowski - "Вид Гомельского замка" ("The view at Gomel palace"), I half of XIX century.

The inscription under the picture in Belarusian "ВЫГЛЯД ГОМЕЛЬСКАГА ПАЛАЦА З КАРЦІНЫ А. ІДЗКОЎСКАГА. СЯРЭДЗІНА XIX ст." (The view at Gomel palace. The painting by Adam Idźkowski, I half of XIX century.

In the years 1837-1851, under the direction of the Polish architect Idźkowski, reconstruction of the palace was carried out, also he developed a magnificent park. But Idźkowski, not only was an architect, also a painter.

This picture has been transferred, in 1980, by the Kyiv History Museum for permanent storage to the museum of the Palace of Rumyantsev-Paskevich.

Columns on the reverse, as well as on the obverse of the banknote, are the columns at the facade of the palace (see. description of the obverse).

Denomination in numeral is at bottom, in words - top left.

Comments:

Withdrawn from circulation on 01 January 2017. Will be exchanged until 01 January 2022.

Banknote security features:

1.Watermark

2.Security thread

3.Latent image

4.See–through register mark

5.Intaglio printing

6.Security pattern

7.Microprint

8.Metallic Ink

9.Blind Code

10.Non–colored stamping

20,000 rubles series of 2000 were issued in 20 prefixes: Бт, Бх, Бч, Бь, Бэ, Бя, Пк, Пл, Пм, Пн, Ва, Вб, Вв, Гп, Гс, Гт, Гх, Ек, Ел, Ем. Пк, Пл, Пм, Пн went into circulation in 2003; Series Ва, Вб, Вв - in 2005; Гп, Гс, Гт, Гх - in 2011; Ек, Ел, Ем - in 2012.