header Notes Collection
Top

1000 Dinara 1946, Yugoslavia

in Krause book Number: 67a
Years of issue: 09.1946
Edition: --
Signatures: Главни Директор: А. Васић, Гувернер: Танасије Здравковић (in office 28.11.1945 – 30.04.1946)
Serie: 1946 Issue
Specimen of: 01.05.1946
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 155 х 78
Printer: Zavod za izradu novcanica i kovanog novca, Beograd

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

1000 Dinara 1946

Description

Watermark:

Barely visible pattern.

Avers:

1000 Dinara 1946

On right side is female peasant with ears of wheat in her hands.

coat of armsOn left side is the coat of arms of Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia.

The State Emblem of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia (1946-1963).

"The Constitution of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia in 1946.

Part 1, Chapter I, Article 3.

The State Emblem of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia is a field, surrounded by wheat ears. Spikes at the bottom tied with a ribbon on which is written the date of 29-XI-1943. Between the tops of the ears is a five-pointed star. In the middle of the field shows five torches inclined position, the flame of which merges into a single flame."

FPRY Constitution of 1946 contains a description of the emblem pieces, not to mention their color.

Denominations in numerals are in all corners and centered, in words centered.

Revers:

1000 Dinara 1946

On right side is the female allegory of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia, with a sword and a laurel branch in her hands. A distinctive feature - the star on her head. The same star for a long time was presented on flag of Yugoslavia.

Allegory surrounded by the frame, consisted of fruits pattern, on which are clearly visible: grapes, plums, apples, pears.

On left side is the waterfall on Pliva river, in Jajce city, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

The city not accidentally depicted on banknote - it is the birthplace of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia.

In Jajce took place a historic 2nd session of the Antifascist National Liberation of Yugoslavia Chamber, where decisions were made, which became the basis of a federal socialist and fraternal union of the peoples and nationalities of Yugoslavia.

Jajce JajceThe nature of the former Yugoslavia is different rare expressiveness and harmony. Here everything is beautiful - meadows, forests, cozy hills and rivers. Waterfalls, which are located on the Pliva River at the site of its confluence with the river Vrbas, also distinguished extraordinary picturesque. Streams of water forming several cascades. Cliff with a height of several meters, they like braids long-haired beauty, streaming, forming several branches. The height of the water fall at the time consisted of thirty meters. In the area was flooded during the Bosnian war. This led to a decrease in the height at which the water drops. Now it is less than 20 meters. But, in general, it had no effect on the beauty of the waterfall.

JajceIt is said that the founder of Jajce, Hrvoje Vukchich Hrvatinich, wrote to his wife in a letter: "I will build the most beautiful city in the world." Perhaps at that moment he was sitting near the waterfall and saw the inner eye, how to successfully complement the landscape walls and tall towers.

This landscape has for centuries inspired poets and artists. The power of the water and power stone, man-made fortresses, erected over a waterfall.

Waterfall in Jajce - its main tourist attraction. Annually admire it comes to a hundred thousand people. Egg has something to offer travelers and falls apart: in nearly three dozen important historical monuments, but, nevertheless, a priority for the waterfall.

Waterfall completes its 33-kilometer route Pliva river: it was her mouth. After falling from 20-meter height, it merges with the Vrbas, and its waters continue the path to the Sava in his company.

JajceOnce Pliva flowed into Vrbas quite peacefully, and not falling vertically, as it is now. Riverbed Pliva - is predominantly tufa (hassock), which is easily eroded. Water centuries sharpener stone, rock collapsed and formed a spectacular waterfall. Scientists believe that this happened some fifty thousand years ago. Stone has not changed its nature, and further destroyed. Waterfall and then changes its look.

For example, during a terrible flood in 1996 part of the rock on the right side of the waterfall collapsed, an observation deck was damaged, and at the bottom of the river above the waterfall appeared "Ponor" - a hole where the run off water, and then stamped on the surface somewhere in the middle of the waterfall height . It looked strange.

To Egg has not lost its main attraction, in 2011 under a rock waterfall reinforced concrete. The work was carried out in late summer, when the water level is minimal. For the waterfall made temporary artificial channel by pushing the water aside.

Earlier above several stages was arranged with the flow, to subdue for Pliva and reduce the load on the waterfall. (Елена Арсениевич rus.)

JajceJajce is a city and municipality located in the central part of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in the Bosanska Krajina region. It is part of the Central Bosnia Canton of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina entity. It is on the crossroads between Banja Luka, Mrkonjić Grad and Donji Vakuf, on the confluence of the rivers Pliva and Vrbas.

Jajce was first built in the 14th century and served as the capital of the independent Kingdom of Bosnia during its time. The town has gates as fortifications, as well as a castle with walls which lead to the various gates around the town. About 10–20 kilometers from Jajce lies the Komotin Castle and town area which is older but smaller than Jajce. It is believed the town of Jajce was previously Komotin, but was moved after the Black Death.

The first references to the name of Jajce in written sources is from the year 1396, but the fortress had already existed by then. Jajce was the residence of the last Bosnian king Stjepan Tomasevic; the Ottomans besieged the town and executed him, but held it only for six months, before the Hungarian King Matthias Corvinus seized it at the siege of Jajce and established the Banovina of Jajce.

Skenderbeg Mihajlović besieged Jajce in 1501, but without success because he was defeated by Ivaniš Korvin assisted by Zrinski, Frankopan, Karlović and Cubor.

During this period, Queen Catherine restored the Saint Mary's Church in Jajce, today the oldest church in town. Eventually, in 1527, Jajce became the last Bosnian town to fall to Ottoman rule. The town then lost its strategic importance, as the border moved further North. There are several churches and mosques built in different times during different rules, making Jajce a rather diverse town in this aspect.

Jajce passed with the rest of Bosnia and Herzegovina under the administration of Austria-Hungary in 1878. The Franciscan monastery of Saint Luke was completed in 1885.

From 1929-41, Jajce was part of the Vrbas Banovina of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. During the Second World War, Jajce gained importance as center of a large swath of free territory, and on 29 November 1943 it hosted the second convention of the Anti-Fascist Council of National Liberation of Yugoslavia (AVNOJ). There, representatives from throughout Yugoslavia decided to establish a federal Yugoslavia in equality of its nations, and established that Bosnia and Herzegovina would be one of its constitutive Republics. Post-war economy of Jajce in socialist times was based on industry and tourism.

At the beginning of the Bosnian War, Jajce was inhabited by people from all ethnic groups, and was situated at a junction between areas of Serb majority to the north, Bosnian Muslim majority areas to the south-east and Croatian majority areas to the south-west.

Denominations in numerals are in all corners, in numerals and and in words centered.

Comments:

Designer of obverse and reverse: Mate Zlamalik.

Reverse engraver: Велько А. Кун (Velko A. Kun).

Obverse engraver: Tanasije Krnjajic.