Top
header Notes Collection

10 Punkte 1943, The issue for the North of Russia (Pskov and Leningrad Region), Germany

no number in katalog -
Years of issue: 1943
Edition:
Signatures: no signature
Serie: Spinnstoffwaren Punktwertschein
Specimen of: 1943
Material: Cotton fiber
Size (mm): 134 х 76
Printer: Valsts Papiru Spiestuve un Naudas Kaltuve, Riga

* All pictures marked magnify are increased partially by magnifying glass, the remaining open in full size by clicking on the image.

** The word "Specimen" is present only on some of electronic pictures, in accordance with banknote images publication rules of appropriate banks.

10 Punkte 1943, The issue for the North of Russia (Pskov and Leningrad Region)

Description

Watermark:

watermark

The inscriptions "OST".

Avers:

10 Punkte 1943, The issue for the North of Russia (Pskov and Leningrad Region)

Textile coupons (Spinnstoffwaren Punktwertschein). Reichskommissariat OSTLAND. The issue for the North of Russia (Pskov and Leningrad Region)).

On the front side of all banknotes represented medallions with a picture of the peasant whipping flax, and a female peasant - sheep shearer. Around the medallions placed text in two languages: "Linen and Wool are the wealth of the earth."

The territory of the Soviet Union, captured by the Germans, as a subordinate military (operational area) and civil administration. Special rights have first authorized by a 4-year plan of Hermann Göring (management of the economy in the occupied territories was carried out "headquarters for management of the economy of the East") and the Reichsführer SS and Chief of the German Police Heinrich Himmler (responsible for the "police security").

Administrative division of the occupied territories of the USSR, as well as the structure of the administration, the main responsibilities and rights of its officers have been identified in the main document - the decree of Hitler's "On the civil administration in the occupied eastern areas", signed July 17, 1941.

According to this decree, the entire occupied territory was divided into two areas with strictly defined boundaries between them. The first consists of the strip from the front to the rear boundaries of the army groups. At the head of the military administration was Quartermaster General of the Supreme Command of the Army (7th Division Military Administration). The rest of the occupied territory was part of the second zone, where the overall responsibility for the civil administration was assigned to the Imperial Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories under the direction of Alfred Rosenberg, while the actual power on the ground is rather in the hands of the Reich Commissioner. Of the planned five it was created only two Reichskommisariat. Management of the entire civilian population was instructed to "Ostland" (Baltic States and Belarus) under the leadership of Heinrich Lohse. "Reich Commissariat" Ukraine headed by Erich Koch. Reichskommisariat divided, in turn, on the general and regional commissariats.

In the Reichscommissariat "Ostland" were General Commissariat of Lithuania (since 1941 Commissioner General - Theodor Adrian von Renteln), Latvia (Commissioner General - Otto H. Drechsler), Estonia and Belarus. Its area is 232,000 square meters. km and a population of 8.200 thousand. people (German data). (Reinhard Ryurup "war of Germany against the Soviet Union, 1941-1945." Berlin 1992)

For the most efficient exploitation of the resources of the occupied territories, the German High Command, among other measures, resorted to all sorts of surrogates emission means of payment. Simultaneously with the formation of the issuing bank in Ukraine was founded and "issuing bank for eastern lands in the Reich Commissariat" Ostland ".

Special occupation of money just for this region was not allowed, using the Main Directorate of the Imperial tickets lending banks a single sample (in Estonia entered into circulation on November 29, 1941). In addition to these occupation marks, army quartermaster service were made special receipt for the raw materials, which served for the acquisition of the various categories of scarce goods. According to the memoirs of Soviet citizens who were in the occupied territories, "... in exchange for bread and flax Germans were given vouchers, which can be obtained 2-3 meters manufactory cheap." (from the report of the Political Department of the 67th Army on August 8, 1944). (Adapted from: "Who do we need to remember" // - Military History Magazine №6, 1990.) In fact, these receipts were the most real commodity security, as compared with all the others who were at the time to handle money signs.

In 1942 he was made the first issue of "textile items" of the same type for the General Commissariat, formed on the territory of the Baltic republics. Actual April 30, 1943, receipts were issued by order of the Reichskommissar Ostland. They differed by name General Commissariat (one of the three: Lettland, Estland, Litauen) placed in the upper left corner. The owner of this "map" had the right to acquire, in particular, the spinning product in an amount equivalent to the cost of raw materials surrendered. Used stamps repaid by cutting the top right corner. On the reverse side of the sign is a table with an equivalent value of goods. A similar issue, but different design, was carried out on the territory of the occupied regions of Northern Russia, part of the Leningrad and Pskov regions, included in frontline zone. As in other areas of occupation, there was a special "La Main Group" (landwirtschaftlich) on food and agriculture. By order of "La Shefgruppy" in 1943 we were issued so-called "coupons of spinning value products." This release was made in Riga sided with the Wehrmacht emblem on the front. Validity of them has been set up to April 30, 1944. Somewhat later, a similar issue was carried out in Belarus (General Commissariat "Weissruthenien"). Here he was released by order of the Commissioner-General in Minsk.

In 1944, the General Commissariat for Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia had made an additional issue receipts valid until April 30, 1945. Repeats in the design of the signs of the previous release, they were made on paper with watermark: the abbreviation "OST" all over the field. (http://www.bonistikaweb.ru .rus)

Reichsadler

Lower, centered, is the coat of arms of Third Reich (1933-1945) - The Imperial eagle.

The Reichsadler ("Imperial Eagle") was the heraldic eagle, derived from the Roman eagle standard, used by the Holy Roman Emperors and in modern coats of arms of Germany, including those of the German Empire, the Weimar Republic and the Third Reich. The same design has remained in use by the Federal Republic of Germany since 1945, but under a different name, now called Bundesadler "Federal Eagle".

During Nazi rule, a stylised eagle combined with the Nazi swastika was made the national emblem (Hoheitszeichen) by order of Adolf Hitler in 1935. Despite its mediæval origin, the term "Reichsadler" in common English understanding is mostly associated with this specific Nazi era version. The Nazi Party had used a very similar symbol for itself, called the Parteiadler ("Party's eagle"). These two insignia can be distinguished as the Reichsadler looks to its right shoulder whereas the Parteiadler looks to its left shoulder.

Reichsadler

To the the theme of the emblem of the Third Reich - the photo from the German Bundesarhiv. In the photo, two soldiers of the Soviet army in Berlins Reichstag, May 10, 1945.

At the center of the banknote, in the background, is guilloche rosette.

Revers:

10 Punkte 1943, The issue for the North of Russia (Pskov and Leningrad Region)

White background.

Comments:

All the banknotes were made in Riga on several enterprises:

1. Lettlands wertpapierdruckerei, Riga, Latvia

2. Lettlands wertpapierdruckerei, Riga. № 6308.

3. Rigas litografia un ofset spiestuve atl. 3173.